cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Engineering Newsletter, July 16 – 20, 2018

Eugene Tulika
M1 Certified

Get a quick update on all Community Engineering projects including completed and in-progress stories, features, and testing. And welcome new contributors joining your community projects. If you missed a meeting or demo, check the links to recordings.

MSI

Project Board

Magento Coordinator: Igor Minialilo

• Alessandro finished the first story in Milestone 2.
  • Riccardo finished a prototype for a story in Milestone 2.
  • Configuration story HLD is finalized and ready for development. @Ben Robie @Paul Hachmang @TheRick, @aleron75 helped with discussions
  • Lori updated user documentation for Mass Actions and Backorders
  • Completed grooming of Milestone 2. All epics are being created on the ZenHub board, and Milestone 2 will start on Monday.

Meeting recordings:

GraphQL

Project Board

Magento Coordinator: Valeriy Nayda

• Configuration service design discussed with Alex Lyzun from comwrap, needed for PW
  • 7 PRs merged, 6 PRs opened, 13 in the queue
  • Atwix organized contribution day, led the demo meeting, and is actively contributing.
  • Bartek from Bold contributed first PRs on product from the stock data.
  • Martin Hansen contributed first PR on filtering category by root ID.

Meeting recordings

Payment Improvements

Project Board

Magento Coordinator:  Volodymyr Kublytskiy

Meeting recordings:

Localization

Magento Coordinator: Volodymyr Kublytskiy

2FA and Google reCaptcha

Magento Coordinator: Volodymyr Kublytskiy

PWA Studio

Project Board

Magento Coordinator:  Eric Erway and James Zetlen

Meeting recordings:

Bulk API

Project Board

Community Project Maintainer: Alex Lyzun from comwrap

• Backport of asynchronous APIs to Magento 2.2 is being processed after fix of the issues.
  • Starting new backlog for performance improvements in asynchronous APIs and async import

Meeting recordings:

Import/Export Improvements

Project Board

Magento Coordinator:  David Manners

Meeting recordings:

B2B

MFTF

Magento 2

Project Board

• Created 92 and merged 58 Pull Requests.
  • Added 3 new Community Maintainers to the team: Vijay Golani from WagentoJosef Behr, Marcel Hauri
  • Launching contribution points calculation mechanism for Community Maintainers
  • Revolved 86 public issues. Acknowledged and added136 issues to the project backlog.
5 Comments
ben_hogben

could you link the github projects as well as the zenhub app board?

Eugene Tulika
M1 Certified

@ben_hogben yes, for the next post will include them. However every ZenHub board contains a link to the GitHub. Zenhub works on top of GitHub

mhauri
Core Maintainer

HI @Eugene Tulika thank you for the update. As you didn't mentioned it, I was wondering if php-7.2-support is no longer a thing. Actually I've got this feeling as PR's aren't processed and there seems to be not that much activity from the community.

okopylova
Adobe Team

@mhauri, it is a thing and we will be finalizing the work for 2.3 release. However we have issues with the current PRs, and I can give someupdates:

1. mcrypt -> sodium PR. Huge and great work by Patrick, but we have incompatibility issues with B2B which we still investigate. We will definitely merge it, so it will be part of 2.3.0

2. phpunit PR. So far we internally upgraded to the latest 5.x version, but we have issues with the latest v.7, it runs out of memory. I have sume suspicions about new phpunit implementation which I described in the relates issue, but so far phpunit didn't change anything as far as I know. If possible, we still want to investigate the issue and contribute back to phpunit with the fix, but didn't get to it yet.

3. Zend_Mail PR - I'll look at it and it should be merged, no issues with it (sorry for the delay).

mhauri
Core Maintainer

Thank you @okopylova for the update. Wasn't aware of the issues. Will have a look and try to help where I can.