cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCPA Compliance

CCPA Compliance

With less than a month to go until the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) comes into force, I'm wondering how people are dealing with CCPA compliance on their Magento stores? I've searched the forums here for 'ccpa' and couldn't find a single mention. GDPR, on the other hand, seems to be widely discussed.

Though GDPR and CCPA have some similarities, there are enough differences that make it so that supporting GDPR doesn't make you fully compliant with CCPA. To this end, I've done some research and there don't seem to be any CCPA-specific Magento extensions. Plumrocket has a GDPR extension that seems to include some support for CCPA shoehorned in, although it isn't fully CCPA compliant out of the box.

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: CCPA Compliance

Hello @cbdpeter 

It is true that CCPA is not much discussed, particularly for E-commerce.

You can have a look at https://meetanshi.com/blog/ccpa-in-ecommerce/

An E-commerce store does not have to be located in California to be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act!

It is compulsory to follow CCPA if you are offering products or services online to the California residents.

This post gives much more clear idea.

Thanks.

Re: CCPA Compliance

Hello Peter @cbdpeter , 

@cbdpeter wrote:

To this end, I've done some research and there don't seem to be any CCPA-specific Magento extensions. Plumrocket has a GDPR extension that seems to include some support for CCPA shoehorned in, although it isn't fully CCPA compliant out of the box.

Thanks for starting this thread. 

My name is Diana, Customer Success Manager at Plumrocket. 

We have carefully reviewed all CCPA law requirements when adding the new features to our GDPR extension. Please find below the list of all California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) components required by the new law. 

• The right to know what information is collected in Magento.
  • The right to say no to the sale of your information
  • The right to delete your information
  • Business required to keep your information safe
  • Right to access your information in a portable format
  • Special protection for minors

All these requirements are covered by Plumrocket GDPR & CCPA extension. Can you please specify which additional features you are referring to?

Thank you,

Diana