cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP recommended with Magento?

SOLVED

ERP recommended with Magento?

Hello -

I'm researching ecommerce sites for our company. We want to replace the ecomm site but probably the ERP software (it was custom coded few yrs ago).

Is there an ERP extension/plugin that's recommended to be used with Magento Community or Magento 2(Paid version).

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: ERP recommended with Magento?

Most merchants that I run into are using a standalone ERP like NetSuite, Acumatica, Sage, SAP,  or a Microsoft Dynamics product.

Many will use a 3rd party API integration solution with Magento, such as from eBridgeConnections, Kensium Solutions, Celigo, etc. Others, like the team at Coreshop Solutions, will use a message queuing service like RabbitMQ as the backbone for the integration between Magento and the ERP.

There were some ERP extensions that let you add some basic ERP functionality to Magento, but I never saw any of them take off. In fact, I don't see any of them in the Magento Marketplace at this point. An example is https://extensions.boostmyshop.com/embedded-erp-magento-2.html

Outside of full-ERP functionality, there are other extensions and integrations for more specific functionality, like order management and inventory management. It really depends on whether you need other functionality, like accounting, to be built-in. 

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Most merchants that I run into are using a standalone ERP like NetSuite, Acumatica, Sage, SAP,  or a Microsoft Dynamics product.

Many will use a 3rd party API integration solution with Magento, such as from eBridgeConnections, Kensium Solutions, Celigo, etc. Others, like the team at Coreshop Solutions, will use a message queuing service like RabbitMQ as the backbone for the integration between Magento and the ERP.

There were some ERP extensions that let you add some basic ERP functionality to Magento, but I never saw any of them take off. In fact, I don't see any of them in the Magento Marketplace at this point. An example is https://extensions.boostmyshop.com/embedded-erp-magento-2.html

Outside of full-ERP functionality, there are other extensions and integrations for more specific functionality, like order management and inventory management. It really depends on whether you need other functionality, like accounting, to be built-in. 

Best of luck!

Thanks, Robert. This helps.

My pleasure!