cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product photos not uploading

Product photos not uploading

Hello all,
 I've contacted Magento multiple times trying to get insight into this problem but they have yet to ever answer me back so I'm hoping you guys can help me. I'm running a Magento 1.8 version and I'm trying to get my photos to upload to my site. They've been working fine till about this week. I can Browse Files and choose the pictures I need however, when I click the Upload Files button nothing happens. I've already cleared the cache, checked flash player, used multiple browsers, and made sure I had enough storage in the back end of the main server I use. Nothing is working. I only know basic coding so I'm pretty much lost. Please help!!!!

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Product photos not uploading

Looks like error is coming from js(JavaScript) file as you mentioned that when you click on it , nothing gets happen so ..

check your browser console and see what error is showing over there and post that error over here ..

so its helps us to troubleshoot the issues
if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi Manthan Dave,
 Thanks for replying. I tried looking at the JS and it's completely blank. Nothing shows up in it.

Check your logs folder - is there error log is there ? which gives us clues whats the exact issue with it ? - if you can post exact error so its help us to troubleshoot the issue 

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi Manthan Dave,
 I checked the logs folder and that is blank too. Is that normal or is there something wrong with my computer in general thats not letting me upload my photos?

Hello @nyjh

try to upload small image and check it

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Hi Sunil,
Yes, I've already tried that too. All the images I upload are always resized and web formatted.

@nyjh

make sure you have assigned right permission.

Sunil Patel

Hi Sunil,
 Do you mean through the Magento site? If so, I am on the admin side of the Magento website so all the permissions are assigned correctly.

Hello @nyjh

sudo chmod -R 775 /path/to/magento/media

more info you can find 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18990380/magento-product-upload-images-are-not-appearing

Sunil Patel