cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help accessing database

SOLVED

help accessing database

Hey guys, I have a problem that you guys might be able to help with.

The magento store for the company that I work for, was developed by a 3rd party who recently ghosted them. They pretty much dumped to store on me to figure out. I have admin access but I cant access the database.

My first question is, can i access the database from my admin profile somehow? I want to just migrate all the products to another store so that I dont have to start from scratch.

If not, can i migrate all the products even if I dont have access to the database?

Last question would be, can I recover access to the database somehow?

Thanks for any info on this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: help accessing database

Hello @gabriel_alway 

RE : My first question is, can i access the database from my admin profile somehow? I want to just migrate all the products to another store so that I dont have to start from scratch.

- No, There is no way to access your database from Magento Admin Profile at any how.

RE : If not, can i migrate all the products even if I dont have access to the database?

- No, To migrate any data from the database - you must require a database access. 

RE : Last question would be, can I recover access to the database somehow?

- Yes, If currently your store is working and you have a server access then you can recover your database access !

Also for Database Name and its username password - you can get from Magento config file as well !

For Magento 1 - open local.xml file from the  <DocumentRoot>/app/etc/
Check Database details from there ! you will find host , db name , db user , db password.

For Magento 2 - open env.php file from the  <DocumentRoot>/app/etc/
Check Database details from there ! you will find host , db name , db user , db password.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @gabriel_alway 

RE : My first question is, can i access the database from my admin profile somehow? I want to just migrate all the products to another store so that I dont have to start from scratch.

- No, There is no way to access your database from Magento Admin Profile at any how.

RE : If not, can i migrate all the products even if I dont have access to the database?

- No, To migrate any data from the database - you must require a database access. 

RE : Last question would be, can I recover access to the database somehow?

- Yes, If currently your store is working and you have a server access then you can recover your database access !

Also for Database Name and its username password - you can get from Magento config file as well !

For Magento 1 - open local.xml file from the  <DocumentRoot>/app/etc/

For Magento 2 - open env.php file from the  <DocumentRoot>/app/etc/

Hope it helps !

Thanks Manthan! We do have server access so I will try it that way.

Happy To Help and Keep Helping Smiley Happy

If you are facing difficulty to access your database then it may be due to the occurrence of some corruption issue. So without wasting any more time quickly approach the manual fixes which I am gone a share through this blog.

I am quite sure that you will be able to conquer this database inaccessibility issue with the following fixes.

Read more: Access database repair