cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#MagentoMonday Community Digest 2016.10.31

#MagentoMonday Community Digest 2016.10.31

Happy #MagentoMonday!

I'm happy to announce we have a new moderator here, congrats to @Gabriel Guarino and thank you for all the work you've been putting in already on our forums! 🙌

Gabriel Guarino.jpg

(Gabriel presenting at Meet Magento Argentina.)

If you're new to our forums, welcome! Take a look around, check out our guidelines, and be sure to reach out to me or any of our awesome moderators if you have any questions.

MagentoLive Australia

I'm headed out tomorrow to see several of you in Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth! In Sydney, we'll be holding our MagentoLive Australia conference. If you're planning to attend, drop by our MagentoLive Australia group here on the forums to introduce yourself (say hi! so I know to look for you!), note any events you're organizing around the conference and connect with others who are attending. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Recent Podcasts

• MageTalk Episode 105 – SUPEEGEDDON *or* The Fourth Horseman of the SUPEEPOCALYPSE (w/ Ben Marks), by Phillip Jackson (October 24)
    Note from @pikaminskimage on Oct 25: We are working on update to 1.9.3 (1.9.3.1) and 1.14.3 (1.14.3.1), but there is no work right now on another patch. (Those will be functional fixes, not security issues.) The patch [SUPEE-8788] does not bring 5.6 compatibility, only the release (1.9.3.0 & 1.14.3.0, which are different from the patch) does. The release addresses security issues + ~100 functional fixes, the patch only addresses the security issues. Also, the removal of flash files was not because EOL of Flash but there are attacks possible via those flash files (it was security driven).
  • MageTalk Episode 106 – The Griceholeby Phillip Jackson & Kalen Jordan (October 27)

Recent Articles

Recent Events

Upcoming Events

Do you organize a Magento meetup? Join our Meetup Organizers group here on the forums!

For a full list of upcoming events, be sure to check out our Event Calendar, as well as browsing our Meetup page for a list of Magento Meetups near you. 

Did I miss anything? Private message me here or reach out on Twitter at @sherrierohde!

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical