cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cart Price Rule Help

Cart Price Rule Help

So I created a cart price rule code for example: 40OFFNOW which has been set up and should exclude 'sale' category items from further discount but I can't seem to get this setting to work on the basket page.

I would only want the 40% discount to be applied to the full price product in the basket but it's applying to both full price and sale items. How can we have full price and sale items in the basket but only apply the coupon to the full price, not the special/sale price items?

Anyone set up something similiar?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Cart Price Rule Help

Hi @helloredwh852a ,

In Admin > Stores > Manage Attributes:

• Edit special_price attribute, setting "Use for Promo Rule Conditions" to "Yes"

And in your cart price rule, add below condition 

If ALL of these conditions are FALSE :

**Special Price**  greater than  **0**

Hope this helps you!

Problem Solved! Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!

Thanks Nishu.

I went to In Admin > Catalog > Manage Attributes:

But I do not see 'Manage Attributes' here. 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ap1fnkaeeqqfec/Screenshot%202020-07-17%20at%2010.51.01.png?dl=0

Please see above. 

Ok I see this setting now in Store > Attributes.

I edited this and it already said 'Yes' 

The issue is, if we have full price and special price in basket at the same time.

The code should only discount full price and ignore the special price item.

If I place a sale item in the basket and try the coupon, its invalid.

If I place a full price item in the basket, the coupon is valid.

If I place a sale item and a full price item in the basket, the coupon applies as it should but discounts the entire basket and not just the full price item, it should ignore the sale item.

Hi @gedredwhit447b ,

Can you please share your cart price rule configurations screenshots with us on some drive.

Also if possible,can you try adding same condition of special_price in actions tab as well.

Hope this helps you!

Problem Solved! Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!

Hello @gedredwhit447b ,

Please add the special price condition in Action Tab, not in Condition tab, so your condition under Actions tab will be like this :

Spoiler
If ALL of these conditions are FALSE :
Special price is greater than 0 *

Conditions under Condition area is define when then rule should apply & Conditions under Action tab define on which items the discount should apply, Hope you're clear now.

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy