cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable POS System

SOLVED

Stable POS System

Hi

Since the change from Magento 1 to 2 almost two years ago we are still searching for a good POS System. We allready spent a lot of effort and time to test different systems but nothing we found worked as it should.

I almost give up to find everything good and start to forward a task to our developer to build our own POS System.

Before we are doing this, I hope someone else can recommend any system which works stable. Magento 2 is allready released a longer time ago and meanwhile there must be something useable.

Does someone has a good running solution they can recommend for real commercial use and which works with up to 15 registers?

(MagespaceX, please do not add your advertisement here)

If somehow possible, we would preffer an open source solution where we can add features and fix things by ourself.

We tried the following modules allready:

Magestore:

It's full of bugs and has realy poor written code. We spent about 80 hours of fixing it untill we gave up to make this stable because it would be faster at the end to build one by ourself.

MagespaceX / Pluginsplanet:

It's just a clone of Magestore's POS System with the same Problems.

https://blog.magestore.com/important-announcement-from-magestore-about-our-products/

POS from Boostmyshop:

This would work stable, but it's slow and basicly just a more convenient way to create orders like the normal magento order create process. For a small business with just one warehouse and below 1000 products, it maybe could be an easy and stable solution.

ConnectPOS:

This is what we are using right now. It still has a lot of bugs, the system is on there own servers (where we allready had it two times that it wasn't working for 2-3 hours without any reply from support), there 24/7 support is available about 1 hour a day, bug reports will be ignored and it costs a huge yearly fee for each register.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Stable POS System

Most of the stronger options are standalone POS solutions, as opposed to Magento Extensions. These standalone systems require a multichannel integration with Magento. 

For example, there's NCR CounterPoint, which RedRook is very experienced at connecting with Magento.

There's a bunch like RMH, Lightspeed, and iQMetrix that nChannel integrates with Magento.

DSync connects with systems like VendHQ, Cin7, and Neto.

SpringboardRetail has their own connector for their POS platform.

If you're looking for a robust POS, I'd avoid the stuff built on top of Magento, and focus on complete solutions that can be connected with Magento.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Most of the stronger options are standalone POS solutions, as opposed to Magento Extensions. These standalone systems require a multichannel integration with Magento. 

For example, there's NCR CounterPoint, which RedRook is very experienced at connecting with Magento.

There's a bunch like RMH, Lightspeed, and iQMetrix that nChannel integrates with Magento.

DSync connects with systems like VendHQ, Cin7, and Neto.

SpringboardRetail has their own connector for their POS platform.

If you're looking for a robust POS, I'd avoid the stuff built on top of Magento, and focus on complete solutions that can be connected with Magento.

Best of luck!

Please take care when using the ConnectPOS version. It works in the cloud and the servers are very remote. The connection is sometimes slow.

But that is not the worst, when the connection is slow, the plugin that is used to sync data back and forth can cause deadlocks, because tables stays locked while waiting for a connection to the remote servers.

Furthermore, I can confirm the Magestore versions are instable and have a lot of bugs. We also spent over 100 hours fixing them, it costed a fortune for us.

Hi,

Wanted to put my 2 cents for those in search of M2 capable point of sale system. After trying almost all pos systems, we had great success connecting multiple stores with ACID Point of Sale (https://www.acidpos.com/). Works well with magento 2.3 and above. We went through QB POS, Netsuite, Magestore, Lightspeed, Boostmyshop, ConnectPOS over the years - nothing made it good. On higher end of ERP, you can not modify much and it is API driven, on Magento integration, it messed up your database so forget about updates in any normal way. Not to mention half done systems.

We integrated many different pos systems over the past years with magento 1 and 2. What we found out about important issues is that it all comes down to few specific things:

1. Depends on where you are, get the system that is created for that region. In this case it would be USA/Canada. 

2. Compatibility with payment terminals/processors. know the rates and tricks. So for example if you are looking into magestore, boostmyshow, magespacex know that you won't be able to run chip card terminals unless you build specific modules. And even if you are, make sure you understand how deposits are made (timing, fees, voids, etc).

3. Inventory ability. 2.3 will almost never work perfectly (even with MSI) with POS. It needs heavy modifications. We learned that the hard way. Status changes, on hold, online vs pos buys. Many variations matter here. Acid pos got that down to the wire and the main reason why we use them.

4. Speed. keep in mind that you are dealing with magento and unless optimized correctly - it will be slow. This has to be done with your server as well as the website. When M2 came out latest buzz is PWA. However, even with pwa, database needs to be able to pull multiple products. Let me give you example. You run crons to update stock every 5 min but at the same time you have 20K+ SKUs in your store. Data changes at all times, yet you have to sell non stop in your store. You see the idea that you can do ON Hold items for example is great, but in practice it can create more issues than a solution. So you need to integrate it correctly.  

5. MOST IMPORTANT... support service, support service, support service. If you have to wait for response regarding pos, imagine when system goes down during checkouts for whatever reason (server, update, etc.). Make sure that response comes from fluent speaking person depending on where you are and it is not technical. Most of the time, you or pos company will need to speak to cashier who in most cases works on hourly basis and just needs things to work. To give you best example, use a hardware store in texas and ask magestore or magestorex (vietnam based) to help because pos is down - not going to work smooth because of time difference and language. Well, I can not say not going to work, but delay will be there. So pick a solution in your country or region. 

We mostly deal with retailers that are 2+ stores and we hit pretty much every hurdle there is. So if you need to chat about anything related magento / pos - send pm and I would be glad to help you out. Lots of half done solutions out there...

They are the current thief of Bagdad (MagespaceX)

They are the current thief of Bagdad. They are looting people's money using the internet. I had purchased a bundle offer (magento-2-ultimate-omni-package) on last Cyber Monday. I had passed 8 plus months after my purchase but still today they didn't deliver the product and license key. After forcing for a refund they gave me a google drive link where I didn't get my purchased bundle and license key. I have all proof of document of purchase (invoice and my bank statement) with all email correspondence with them. They are fake and fraud. Moreover, always they behave with customers disgracefully so I suggest you guys to beware of them, they trapped you to loot your hard earn money.

Note: I hope the Trustpilot authority does not delete this review to help this fraud company. if you guys need I provide you all valid documents of my purchase and corresponding email with them. Can you imagine that they had took $1200 from me but don't give me the product. Please don't give them chance to trapped people.