cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing Magento to Dua

SOLVED

Comparing Magento to Dua

Hello everyone, 

I'm shopping around at different web hosting companies and platforms like Weebly, WIX, Drupal, Joomla, etc. for our new platform for hosting customer websites, and I'd love to get some feedback from anyone who has used the Magento and its eCommerce tools, and compare what they have to offer with the tools being offered by Duda. 

We've been using DNN (DotNetNuke) for the past 16 years for hosting school websites, but after MANY, MANY, MANY fails and frustrations, we're finally giving it up completely on DNN  and are in search of a new website hosting platform on which to build school and community websites.

After MUCH research and analysis of more than 80 different platforms, we've almost settled on the Duda platform and their white label package, and we’ve even built out our new primary marketing website as well as a few small test customer websites, which can be seen at https://www.iwantawebsite.com

The big issue is that, although we're already underway with our new Duda reseller package, we're just not feeling 100% sure that we've made the right platform choice, and would love to get some true and unbiased opinions of our new site, the Duda platform as a whole, and how it might compare to what we could get and/or do with the Magento platform in direct comparison to what Duda has to offer, especially with regards to the Duda eCommerce tools VS. the Weebly eCommerce tools.

We still have not actively promoted the new website, out of fear that we might not be heading the right direction, so we need to really commit to it and launch it, or we need to jump onto the right platform (Magento?) immediately before we dig ourselves a deeper hole in the Duda world!

Thanks for any help and insight y'all could give us, and don't be afraid to give any critiques or comments about our new site, any of our new test client sites, or any other advise that might help push us in the right platform direction before we get too far along and discover that we’ve made the wrong choice!

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Comparing Magento to Dua

Rob,

It is important to write down what is important to you and rank those in priority. If extreme customization is high priority, then something like Magento is a good option. It simplicity is high priority, then a hosted platform like DuDa is a better choice.

If you don’t clearly have your values, goals and needs defined you will always be in a state of “what if”. I speak from experience. I’ve vacillated on Magento vs “shiny thing of the week” many times. Ultimately I settled on Magento because I can custom tailor a solution to each client.

If you are seriously considering Magento I’d be happy to discuss more.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rob,

It is important to write down what is important to you and rank those in priority. If extreme customization is high priority, then something like Magento is a good option. It simplicity is high priority, then a hosted platform like DuDa is a better choice.

If you don’t clearly have your values, goals and needs defined you will always be in a state of “what if”. I speak from experience. I’ve vacillated on Magento vs “shiny thing of the week” many times. Ultimately I settled on Magento because I can custom tailor a solution to each client.

If you are seriously considering Magento I’d be happy to discuss more.

Hi @mikrobson 

I think @variuxdavid has already give clarification on this.

But i like to add few points here as if you think your site is static or you have to make changes one time and then the site will be stable in that case you can go for DUDA platform but if you are thinking you need customisation and many things are there which needs to be change periodically or you want your website fully dynamic then in that case you can go with Magento.

If you hire a good magento agency for this then they can provide you every type of customisation as per your requirement and managing the things in magento is more simpler as compare to DUDA.

If you are not a developer then also you can do certain changes in your Magento website himself.

So at last i just want to say first you have to be clear about your website that how you want your website to be more static or dynamic then we discuss.

Thanks

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution".