cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External links to forum topic redirects to forums home.

External links to forum topic redirects to forums home.

As I am learning Magneto, I'm relying heavily on external sources as well as the forms to find the answers I need.  However, one thing is driving me absolutely UP-THE-WALL-NUTS.

100% of times I have researched a particular topic and have found links to Magento's forums, for example: www.magentocommerce.com/boards/forum/viewthread/288836, I am always, without fail, routed to the forums home page and forced to manually try and find the thread if I can.

What's going on here? I find myself relying more on sites like Stack Overflow to find my solutions, which in of itself is frustrating because its kind of a crap-shoot on whether you'll get the correct answer to your problem.  I would love to rely on these forums, but its absolutely rediculous that any external links to here don't go where they're supposed to, making finding the article in question unecessarily difficult or impossible.

1 REPLY 1

Re: External links to forum topic redirects to forums home.

the old form has been dumped and its taking google a while to realise that. More info here:
http://community.magento.com/t5/Meta/The-old-community-gone/m-p/149#U149

you can try google cache or the wayback time machine to get content from the old forums