cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 U courses

SOLVED

Magento 2 U courses

When Magento U courses will be updated to Magento 2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2 U courses

"Soon". I know that Magento U recently gave a beta version of the Fundamentals of Magento Development course for Magento 2, and that they want to have that course available in advance of Magento 2's general release, which is scheduled for Q4 of this year.

However, you have to remember that Magento 1 is going to be around for quite some time - Magento has committed to supporting it for a few years Magento 2 is released, and it's going to take some merchants at least a few years before they are comfortable migrating - look at how long people stayed on osCommerce before moving to Magento 1, for instance. So, I think there will be courses, certifications and demand for both Magento 1 and Magento 2 development simultaneously for at least a couple of years. 

--Joshua Warren - @JoshuaSWarren on Twitter
CEO, Creatuity

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Magento 2 has been publically released yet (at least not a Stable release) so I can't see it being updated anytime soon. Could be quite a wait. Depends on the development schedule.

Invoked by Red | Not Pink
www.invokedbyred.uk

I'm guessing Summer 2015 at the soonest -- most likely later.

"Soon". I know that Magento U recently gave a beta version of the Fundamentals of Magento Development course for Magento 2, and that they want to have that course available in advance of Magento 2's general release, which is scheduled for Q4 of this year.

However, you have to remember that Magento 1 is going to be around for quite some time - Magento has committed to supporting it for a few years Magento 2 is released, and it's going to take some merchants at least a few years before they are comfortable migrating - look at how long people stayed on osCommerce before moving to Magento 1, for instance. So, I think there will be courses, certifications and demand for both Magento 1 and Magento 2 development simultaneously for at least a couple of years. 

--Joshua Warren - @JoshuaSWarren on Twitter
CEO, Creatuity