cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Wordpress integration or standalone for KB & FAQ? Please advise

Magento Wordpress integration or standalone for KB & FAQ? Please advise

I am thinking of either integrating Wordpress to my most current Magento .com website installation or using a .help domain extension of my website which I can install WordPress to and add a knowledge base to it for articles which contain information in regards to my main .com Magento site.

If the latter then when users visit my main Magento .com website and click on Knowledge base or FAQ link(s) for example then they will be redirected to my .help Wordpress site where articles with information will be presented for my main .com website. Will this work and is it advisable? Or should I integrate Wordpress to my Magento installation by finding readily available extensions and installing them?

Which is the better option in your opinion?

Appreciate and thanking you in advance for your advice.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento Wordpress integration or standalone for KB & FAQ? Please advise

I see there are a few answers for you on StackExchange: http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/80436/magento-wordpress-integration-or-standalone-for-kb-...

Curious to hear from others here as well. Smiley Happy

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

Re: Magento Wordpress integration or standalone for KB & FAQ? Please advise

Hi Sherrie,

I hope that is not an issue as am trying to obtain as much useful information as possible from different sources.

Apparently they could be potential security issues if they are installed on the same server etc? I will have to do this because it is very important that when my users create an account on my magento website, they have an account automatically created on my wordpress domain installation and therefore they are both linked in that respect. The plugin I will use for this does not support wordpress being installed on another server.

Any other workaround anyone?