cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would really appreciate it if you can give me some feedback on an idea I am thinking of working on

Would really appreciate it if you can give me some feedback on an idea I am thinking of working on

Hello everyone.. My first time here.

Would really appreciate it if you can give me some feedback on an idea I am thinking of working on.

My background is digital marketing - and I help startups/SME’s get customers online.

Would you (someone who runs an eCommerce store online) find the below idea helpful, and think it is needed?

I want to analyse the most successful eCommerce stores online (all the stores from the INC5000 list, plus the Alexa Top eCommerce Websites & the eCommerce stores that are high on Google search results) to find out how each of them are getting their customers online. Who are they partnering with to drive customers to their online store? What do they give in exchange for the promotion? How are they getting bloggers to share their store online? And many more marketing questions answered. For example - looking at AdoreMe’s marketing strategy, we can learn that they invest a lot in getting in front of Youtube stars (influencers) and see exactly how they do it ; or we can learn that one way Jane.com drive traffic to their website is by partnering with complimentary businesses to drive traffic and see exactly which businesses these are. So basically, from this research you will be able to learn where the top eCommerce stores are marketing themselves organically, and how they are able to drive thousands of customers to their website everyday.

Am thinking of looking at atleast 1000 eCommerce stores to make it really good. Also, that way each different vertical will be looked into (atleast the major ones).

It will take me more than 60 days to do for sure. Dont think of this like a blog post - but more like a massive university thesis project.

So, before I start I wanted to know if I should even start this Smiley Happy Is there a demand?

Two questions..

1. Would you (founder/marketing in an eCommerce biz) find this helpful?
  2. Would you pay $99 for this if there was a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied?

Will greatly help if you can take the time to let me know your feedback for the two questions.

Thanks for your time. Appreciate your help!

Arjun