cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Profiler/Developer Toolbar

New Profiler/Developer Toolbar

Hi together,

I developed a brand new developer toolbar/profiler for magento 1.x and like to share it with you as well as get some feedback on it. The toolbar should help developers to gain much more insights about performance issues, for example it will show you the mysql query counts and if some of them run multiple times and much more, but please have a look by your self.

If you have any suggestions for further features, questions or issues installing it ,please let me know Smiley Happy

You can find the profiler on github (https://github.com/ecoco/magento_profiler) or check out one of the demo stores i have set up.

Small introduction:

The profiler provides a development toolbar for Magento which displays a wide range of metrics and page load data for all the pages of the shop. It gives you direct access to the page's database queries, memory usage, events, requests, layout rendering, translation resolution and many other useful statistics. It is also easily extendable if you need to track additional metrics.

and a screenshot from the toolbar

Toolbar

as well as from the profiler itself:

Profiler

7 REPLIES 7

Re: New Profiler/Developer Toolbar

Sounds promising. However you should add instructions for manual installation as well (Symfony stuff is not included to your repository and should be installed separately).

Tanel Raja

Looks very interesting. Will be keeping an eye on this. Smiley Very Happy

Leslie B.
Aspiration Hosting - Magento 1 & 2 Optimized Cloud Hosting
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hi Tanel,

thx for the feedback, i will try to build during the week and provide a "magento connect" package. it may gets a bit tricky as the autoloader from composer is needed for the third party plugins i included. However composer install remains the way to go if you ask me Smiley Happy

Well, instructions for manual Symfony components installation should be enough I guess.

Tanel Raja

i have added them today Smiley Happy

release of version 1.2.0

• fixed an exception in debug mode when block output is suppressed with "disable module output"
  • fixed an exception if monolog is not installed
  • unified call stack rendering
  • improved request collector to capture also redirects, session data and flash messages
  • improved support for "xdebug.file_link_format" to also work with urls like "http://localhost:63342/api/file/%f:%l"

we also now provide a magento connect version:

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/ecocode-profiler.html

make sure you "Flush Cache Storage" when upgrading to 1.2.0

best 
Justus

release of version 1.3.0

• new settings section to allow changing settings based on collectors
  • improved ssl handling
  • improved handling of "xdebug.file_link_format"
  • improved context display to make use of "file_link_format"
  • added timings to event collector
  • made tables sortable
  • added profile size in MB to search results
  • added purge profile button to search result page
  • introduced a replacement for the Varien_Profiler
  • introduced new "Performance" Tab see screenshot below

time_panel.jpg

feedback is much appreciated. if you find a bug or have any questions feel free to contact me Smiley Happy

make sure you "Flush Cache Storage" when upgrading to 1.3.0

best 
Justus