cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.1.0 Paypal checkout gives server error when returning from paypal

Magento 2.1.0 Paypal checkout gives server error when returning from paypal

I've configured paypal payments standard in payment methods. When I go to checkout it goes to paypal website, I click pay and tries to return to my website but it throws and error (HTTP 500). I enabled paypal debugging and captured the response and it looks ok to me. I checked cpanel errors and I do see an error every time I try to pay with paypal.

Sat Dec 03 05:00:58.755401 2016] [access_compat:error] [pid 26474:tid 140193401718528] [client 216.172.xxx.xxx:37462] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/mywebsite/public_html/app/etc/config.php

I looked into this post Client denied by server configuration /app/etc/config.php

I disabled the .htaccess to see if that was the issue but I'm still getting the error 500. The error didn't show in my cpanel though. I've since re-enabled .htaccess.

I've looked in the exceptions log and there isn't any useful info in there regarding my issue.

Is there any place else to check for troubleshooting this issue?

I've troubleshot a few more settings and found if I set "Skip Order Review Step" to No, It will come back from paypal ok. Then when I click the button to place order I get the 500 error.

This also happens both when trying to check out as guest and a registered user.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento 2.1.0 Paypal checkout gives server error when returning from paypal

Hi did you find the problem as we are experiencing the same