cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer Plus study guide

Questions about Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer Plus study guide

Hi,

I'm preparing to get my certification for the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer Plus exam, but the study guide is somewhat... unclear at some points. I've got a good understanding of Magento (I've been developer for Magento on a daily base since v1.6), but I don't know what is meant at some items.

For example:

• 1.2 : Demonstrate an ability to design complex customizations using plugins and di.xml
    • "plugin debugging techniques" : I cannot find specific documentation about plugin debugging, so do they assume here that you have knowledge about XDebug or something?
    • "How do you debug a plugin that is not executed?" : I honestly have no idea. Nothing in de devdocs about this one. Or do they expect you to hook into the base interceptor and add breakpoints to \Magento\Framework\Interception\Interceptor::___callPlugins() to check if your plugin is registered?
    • "Demonstrate Plugin on Plugin examples" : is this about sortOrder? Or literally "plugin on plugin", like "afterDispatch" and "afterAfterDispatch()"? (don't know if that's possible, never had the use case for this since sortOrder would make more sense to me).
  • 3.1 : Demonstrate understanding of the architectural layers of the database access classes, including models, repositories, and data mappers
    • "How to extend the Magento data object (Data API class) with an attribute that has values in a remote system" : What is meant with this? Extension Attributes?
  • 4.3 : Demonstrate an ability to operate with attribute options
    • The only info here is "Config base, database base options". What is "config base"? the base config for store ID 0? what are "database base options"? 
  • 6.1 : Demonstrate an ability to understand and customize Magento products
    • "Select a product type for a subscription/subscription bundled with a physical product" : so, Magento 2 has no default product type for recurring products / subscriptions. So what is expected here? That I can give an advice for something like this? Depends highly on the business case.
  • 6.7 : Demonstrate an understanding of the product search framework
    • "How to customize Elastic search" : The exam is based on Magento 2.2 / Commerce Cloud (that don't offer ElasticSearch). ElasticSearch is introduced in community since 2.3. Is this knowledge really required for the exam?

That's it for now. I'll probably have more questions soon, but if anyone can give information on the topics that would be great.