cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during data migration with the data migration tool (1.9.3.1 to 2.4.4.1)

Error during data migration with the data migration tool (1.9.3.1 to 2.4.4.1)

I tried to migrate data from an old magento (1.9.3.1) to a new magento (2.4.4.1) with the data-migration-tool, it worked fine with the first step (settings migration) but at the second step, migration didn't worked completely, the products were migrated but it made me an error as following :    

[2022-07-27T13:11:28.844040+00:00][WARNING]: Could not unserialize data of sales_flat_quote_item_option.value with record id 739865

[2022-07-27T13:11:28.844457+00:00][WARNING]:  

[2022-07-27T13:11:29.077570+00:00][WARNING]: Could not unserialize data of sales_flat_quote_item_option.value with record id 740231

[2022-07-27T13:11:29.077839+00:00][WARNING]:  

[2022-07-27T13:11:29.140012+00:00][WARNING]: Could not unserialize data of sales_flat_quote_item_option.value with record id 740312

[2022-07-27T13:11:29.140274+00:00][WARNING]:  

[2022-07-27T13:11:29.272326+00:00][WARNING]: Could not unserialize data of sales_flat_quote_item_option.value with record id 740537

it wrote this a several times before the mysql server suddenly shutdowns and tells me this :

SQLSTATE[08S01]: Communication link failure: 1053 Server shutdown in progress, query was: SELECT `sales_flat_quote_item_option`.* FROM `sales_flat_quote_item
_option` WHERE (`option_id` >= 811251) ORDER BY `option_id` ASC
LIMIT 100

In Mysql.php line 90:

SQLSTATE[08S01]: Communication link failure: 1053 Server shutdown in progress

i tried to increase the variable innodb_buffer_pool_size into sql but it was not enough to surpass the problem, i don't know how to get around this error, maybe should i increase again the memory allocated to mysql

I hope i can get help here Smiley Happy

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Error during data migration with the data migration tool (1.9.3.1 to 2.4.4.1)

Hello @benjamin_boursault 

You can fix this issue by following the below steps:

Change the MySQL max_pocket_size from the MySQL console to 1000000000.

Run below query in MySQL console:

set global net_buffer_length = 1000000;
set global max_allowed_packet = 1000000000;

It may help you!
Thank you

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Re: Error during data migration with the data migration tool (1.9.3.1 to 2.4.4.1)

Hi @benjamin_boursault ,

Seems you have some wrong custom option data in order table Magento 1 but still not sure.

Do below change and check your data again.

1) Edit below file

src/vendor/magento/data-migration-tool/src/Migration/Handler/SerializeToJson/SalesOrderItem.php

2) Add a try catch around the line which try to unserialize the option_value string in line 81

$optionValue = $option['option_value'] ? unserialize($option['option_value']) :
                            $option['option_value'];

To:

try {
    $optionValue = $option['option_value'] ? unserialize($option['option_value']) : $option['option_value'];
} catch (\Exception $exception) {
    if (!$this->ignoreBrokenData) {
        throw new \Exception($exception);
    }
    $this->logger->warning(sprintf(
        'Could not unserialize data of %s.%s with record id %s',
        $recordToHandle->getDocument()->getName(),
        $this->field,
        $recordToHandle->getValue($this->documentIdFiled->getFiled($recordToHandle->getDocument()))
    ));
    $this->logger->warning("\n");
    $recordToHandle->setValue($this->field, null);
    return;
}

With this solution you will just not import the custom options that were wrongly serialized in Magento 1

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Ankit Jasani

I've done the both solutions but it still not working maybe because i need to reset the migration like it was the start ? Sadly, i didn't done a back up before to start the migration ;( 

There is an other way to rollback at the beginning ?

Thanks

Hi @benjamin_boursault ,

I haven't tried below commands but you can try reset by following below commands.

1) bin/magento migrate:settings --reset

2) bin/magento migrate:data --reset

3) bin/magento migrate:delta --reset

Try with the current step only.

Like if you are doing data migrate and getting error then try to reset only migrate:data step.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Ankit Jasani

Re

Sadly,

I've got this result : 

In Config.php line 70:

Invalid config filename: /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/data-migration-tool/etc/config.xml  

if i add the config file path then i got a different error :

In Mysql.php line 182:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '9-product-details' for key 'eav_attribute_group.EAV_ATTRIBUTE_GROUP_ATTRIBUTE_SET_ID_A  
  TTRIBUTE_GROUP_CODE'                                                                                                                                           

and i have a question about  the code you gave me before for SalesOrderItem.php, the ident of the php code is important or no ?

Thanks for help mate

I've tried this and it still not working fine i've already increase innodb_buffer_pool_size, innodb_buffer_pool_instances, innodb_buffer_pool_chunk_size.

It changed something i guess bc the previous error told 

SQLSTATE[08S01]: Communication link failure: 1053 Server shutdown in progress, query was: SELECT `sales_flat_quote_item_option`.* FROM `sales_flat_quote_item
_option` WHERE (`option_id` >= 811251) ORDER BY `option_id` ASC
LIMIT 5000

In Mysql.php line 90:

SQLSTATE[08S01]: Communication link failure: 1053 Server shutdown in progress

and now the limit value is 100 

idk what it means 

Thanks for help !

I've attempted this it still not working fine i've as of now increment innodb_buffer_pool_size, innodb_buffer_pool_instances, innodb_buffer_pool_chunk_size. It changed something I surmise bc the past mistake told