cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Magento

SOLVED

Hello Magento

Hello,  I just signed up and I'm so happy to be here. Magento is brand new to me. I haven't even seen it up close yet but I'm excited about it's potential.

We have an open-source Magento based site that we intend to launch within the next 3 months. Our ERP provider developed it for all of their ERP customers including us. They've modified it with at least 30 add-ons and custom configured it so it's their own platform. It will be out-of-the-box for us. It's still based in Magento 2.3.3.3. But It's new to us and so is Magento. I will be an administrator but I have no experience and haven't even gotten my hands on a demo.

I am asking for recommendations for

1. a provider and version of ElasticSearch
  2. a provider and version of a good WYSIWYG

I'm wondering if there is a common or fairly standard WYSIWYG that everyone uses or the leading WYSIWYG for Magento open source.   Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hello Magento

Hello @jim_wagner1 

Magento 2.3.3 supports Elasticsearch 6.x. So Its recommended to use the Elasticsearch 6.x version.

Magento still provides connectivity for Elasticsearch 2.x and 5.x as well.

Regarding WYSIWYG: Magento 2.3 support Bluefoot Pagebuilder. But its only available for Magento Commerce.

In Magento2.3 Open Source, you can explore the WYSIWYG editor that is available by defult and it also support so many features.
Its possible to integrate other editors as well but that required Custom development.

Hope this help !!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @jim_wagner1 

Magento 2.3.3 supports Elasticsearch 6.x. So Its recommended to use the Elasticsearch 6.x version.

Magento still provides connectivity for Elasticsearch 2.x and 5.x as well.

Regarding WYSIWYG: Magento 2.3 support Bluefoot Pagebuilder. But its only available for Magento Commerce.

In Magento2.3 Open Source, you can explore the WYSIWYG editor that is available by defult and it also support so many features.
Its possible to integrate other editors as well but that required Custom development.

Hope this help !!

Hi ppareek,  I didn't know that there was a default WYSIWYG editor in Magento2.3 Open Source. I was looking for a simple drag & drop editor for non-programmer administrators like me. I'll check out the standard default editor. Thanks for confirming the right elasticsearch version and giving me leads on WYSIWYG editors!

Hi Jim,

There are several Page Builder extensions for Magento 2 Open Source. I don't have a favorite to recommend, but you can see options at: https://marketplace.magento.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=pagebuilder&ext_platform=Magento%202&ext_com...

Some users also choose to utilize WordPress with a connector called Fishpig in order to benefit from some of the more robust content management features of WordPress, but that's probably not as simple to set up and maintain as using a one-off extension: https://fishpig.co.uk/magento/wordpress-integration/ 

Best of luck!