cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello form Thomas Reich

Hello form Thomas Reich

hi i am new to the community and already have a problem, hope someone out thre can assist me. I am trying to add the new products widget to my home page, everything worked fine but the layout. For some reason the products blocks have different width and are messing up the layout. I have also a featured products widget right after it that is working fine. I ve tried to inspect both codes to try to compare and fix as well as the css but had no success. the problem can be seen on www.colagenosnella.com.br and I can send codes .

please help!

Best Regards

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hello form Thomas Reich

Hi @thomas_reich,

Welcome to the community forums.
I guess this is the best way to start into the forums: Asking (and then trying to help others)

I've saw you're using a paid theme (maybe you can ask for support to the vendor).

Did you tried to check the store using RWD (the default theme on Magento 1)?

Remember to check the http://devdocs.magento.com/
Another recomendation could be to be aware of Magento issues on Github: https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues (if you are technical, of course).

Cheers.

Hello, It's a free theme, otherwise I would, I tried support with the company but for beeing a free product the is no supportThanks

Hi @thomas_reich,

My bad. Normally themes with that name are paid.

I guess (I don't know that theme) you are using the default block or widget to show New products.

Maybe you can share the homepage content (showing the content on the backend editor)? It seems you are using two different widgets/blocks with different templates.

Hello Damina and thanks for the answer, below follows the code for the two widget blocks, they are different indeed, the first one displays new products and the second featured products. It seems to me a css problem where the first one is not having its itens width set correctly like the second one. I attched the files so you can take a look. I appreciate your help since I have been for more than a week trying to figure it out with no success Smiley Sad I also noted that one file is in the directory ../frontend/base/template/catalog... and the other in ../frontend/default/theme692/template/catalog. Not sure if it matters.Thank you