cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOSTLY NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING! HELP!!!

MOSTLY NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING! HELP!!!

Jen here, I have been a graphic designer for 20 years and now all the sudden I've been asked to be a Magento designer. Well, challenge accepted but my company doesn't want to give me any training or resources so I'm flying solo and finding anything I can on YouTube and Magento to figure out what I'm doing. I have the Magento 2 Commerce edition with the standard Magezon Page Builder but when I am splitting the work with another person who works remotely from another state and she had been using Magento for years but is not a designer so I have been tasked with the design part. Well I am only allowed access to certain parts of the admin login and feel I'm missing some of the puzzle here. 

The last time I coded was when html was in style, if that tells you anything. Help! Do you know of any simple tutorials for idiots? Thank you in advance, I'm ready to pull my hair out. And the computer programmers are telling me it's so easy you don't need to know how to code...well I know that but it sure does help if you do know how, and have done it at least in the last decade.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: MOSTLY NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING! HELP!!!

Hi @jhinds79gmb9da 

Please find below url's which will help you to understand basics of magento theme how theme create how we add custom css file and take it in use etc. etc..

frontend-dev-guide 

create-custom-theme-magento 

magento-2-theme-development/ 

Hope this helps you. if you need more help ping here.

Problem Solved? Give Kudos & Accept as Solution.

Re: MOSTLY NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING! HELP!!!

Hi @jhinds79gmb9da 

You may learn using following two Magento2 official courses which are free till 30 June 2020.
1) CORE PRINCIPLES FOR THEMING IN MAGENTO 2 (ON-DEMAND) VIEW CLASS SCHEDULE
2) PROGRESSIVE WEB APPLICATION (PWA) LEARNING RESOURCES

These two courses will certainly help you.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum