cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento community license

SOLVED

Magento community license

Is there any restriction in using Magento Community version for a high transaction volume companies(larger enterprises)? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento community license

No, there is no specific restriction when it comes to using Magento Open Source (formerly known as Community Edition or CE) for stores with a high volume of transactions. I've worked with hundreds of well-established merchants and enterprises using Magento Open Source, and I've never seen one outgrow this free version of the platform. 

There are cases where you'd want to engage in some customization, but there is no licensing or other restriction regarding the transaction volume.

When users compare Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce (formerly known as Enterprise Edition or EE), the tipping point is usually features and functionality. Big Companies may want to get a lot of extra modules as part of Magento's core, as opposed to adding extensions and other customizations to Magento Open Source. In that sense, it usually comes down to the scope of work, and comparing which version of Magento will offer a better long-term total cost of ownership (TCO).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

No, there is no specific restriction when it comes to using Magento Open Source (formerly known as Community Edition or CE) for stores with a high volume of transactions. I've worked with hundreds of well-established merchants and enterprises using Magento Open Source, and I've never seen one outgrow this free version of the platform. 

There are cases where you'd want to engage in some customization, but there is no licensing or other restriction regarding the transaction volume.

When users compare Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce (formerly known as Enterprise Edition or EE), the tipping point is usually features and functionality. Big Companies may want to get a lot of extra modules as part of Magento's core, as opposed to adding extensions and other customizations to Magento Open Source. In that sense, it usually comes down to the scope of work, and comparing which version of Magento will offer a better long-term total cost of ownership (TCO).

Hello @Ipun_A 

No, when it comes to using Magento Open Source (previously known as Community Edition or CE) for stores with a high frequency of transactions, there are no special limitations. I've dealt with hundreds of well-known merchants and businesses that use Magento Open Source, yet I've never seen one outgrow the platform's free edition.