cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in admin order edit flow

Need help in admin order edit flow

Hi,

I Need some help to clarify some of the doubts in the Magento order edit feature.

1. Is it possible to edit the order without canceling the existing order from the backend? When I click on edit order in the order detail page, I can see the order is getting canceled and a new order with new number #000000001-1 instead of the original order #000000001.
2. How to modify the tax amount from the admin in an order already placed?
3. Can we modify the shipping cost in order from admin?

4. Also regarding the shipment, if there are 4 items in an order and admin can fulfill only 3 items and 1 item cannot be shipped, how can I make the order complete or close the order without shipping and invoicing the 1 item?

Thanks in advance.

Santhosh

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Need help in admin order edit flow

Hi @santhoshkv01e5 

In my experience it is possible to edit the billing address, shipping address, or status of an order.

For all other actions you would have to cancel and reissue the order. When you edit an order it will append a number to the order number.

Thank you.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Re: Need help in admin order edit flow

Hello @santhoshkv01e5 

1. Is it possible to edit the order without canceling the existing order from the backend? When I click on edit order in the order detail page, I can see the order is getting canceled and a new order with new number #000000001-1 instead of the original order #000000001. => without any third party module this is not possible, in market lot of module available for same.

2. How to modify the tax amount from the admin in an order already placed? : you can not able to do into backend, but you can do directly into db but there are lot of tables as you need to modify

3. Can we modify the shipping cost in order from admin? : not easy, you can do direct db but you need to update total and all thing, what about paymnt of that order?

4. Also regarding the shipment, if there are 4 items in an order and admin can fulfill only 3 items and 1 item cannot be shipped, how can I make the order complete or close the order without shipping and invoicing the 1 item? : either you need to cancel the last item or generate credit memo after generate shipment

Hope it will help you

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer