cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent Role id 'G4' does not exist

I have seen this issue a few times in this group, but none of the issues that I saw worked for me. I am transferring a magento site over to a new server and in order to do that I have to be able to login to the backend, this is my understanding, but it will not allow me in; rather I get this 

And then I also get this: 

Trace:
#0 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/lib/Zend/Acl.php(160): Zend_Acl_Role_Registry->add(Object(Mage_Admin_Model_Acl_Role_User), 'G4')
#1 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Resource/Acl.php(108): Zend_Acl->addRole(Object(Mage_Admin_Model_Acl_Role_User), 'G4')
#2 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Resource/Acl.php(71): Mage_Admin_Model_Resource_Acl->loadRoles(Object(Mage_Admin_Model_Acl), Array)
#3 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Session.php(138): Mage_Admin_Model_Resource_Acl->loadAcl()
#4 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Observer.php(95): Mage_Admin_Model_Session->refreshAcl()
#5 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1338): Mage_Admin_Model_Observer->actionPreDispatchAdmin(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#6 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1317): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Mage_Admin_Model_Observer), 'actionPreDispat...', Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#7 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array)
#8 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(528): Mage::dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array)
#9 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(160): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
#10 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(408): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->preDispatch()
#11 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/var/cache/ew/files/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard/088bf81233af8a733a03eb4d9a3bcae0.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#12 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_StandardOverriddenClass->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#13 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#14 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#15 /home/customer/www/gemeinhardt.com/public_html/index.php(104): Mage::run('', 'store')
#16 {main}

Error log record number: 233739551903

I am not familiar with Magento at all! I am a WordPress designer, so I understand MySQL in that context, but not this! Any help that you can give on this will be extremely helpful! 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Parent Role id 'G4' does not exist

@kennyblueb9507  The issues seems to be because of deletion/unavailability of a admin user role. 
I think you are not able to login to Magento admin. You may create a new admin account by following https://magento.stackexchange.com/a/160732/3895

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Re: Parent Role id 'G4' does not exist

I tried this and am still getting the same error."Parent role id 'G4' does not exist.