cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to retrieve shipping data from estimate-shipping-methods file into minibasket page?

how to retrieve shipping data from estimate-shipping-methods file into minibasket page?

Hello guys

My name is Marcin and I'm a newbie here. Thank you for running this forum voluntarily (and non-voluntarily). I'm working on Magento multisite project for my company. We would like to improve our minibasket. One of the challenges I have to work on is "how to add shipping amount estimates data to the minibasket. At the moment these estimates show up on the basket page . Ive run a network tab in developer tools and noticed that Magento jquery.min.js (xhr.send) uses POST method to retrieve shipping estimates from estimate-shipping-methods file, once  /checkout/cart/ is loaded (image attached). Data is received in JSON format and can be read in the browser as XML. My questions here are  "What is the event that triggers query.min.js (xhr.send) to request shipping estimates?" Where is it located? Can I access it from the front end in HTML template files?

Many thanks for looking into my questions.

All the best 

Marcinsipping estimates xml.JPG