ShipperHQ
Event Organizer

Re: Connect: Introduce Yourself!

Great idea Sherrie!

I'm Karen Baker, founder of WebShopApps and ShipperHQ. I'm going to be following Sherrie to Auckland/Sydney and Perth, not intentionally, just the way things worked out!

I'm an engineer by trade, I pretend to be a CEO but software is my real passion, I like solving problems and building solutions to make lives easier for people. Thats really where the business come from and still exists.

ShipperHQ is a highly intelligent shipping rate management solution. We basically take over that cart/checkout shipping experience and hopefully bring some great features to the Magento platform. Its a consolidation of the over 200 extns we wrote on WSA improved and re-architected for the future.

Magento wise I've dabbled a little bit Smiley Wink

I am looking forwards to finding a bar in Sydney, pretending I'm working really hard at the conference and getting a break from work for at least a few hours.  No seriously I am but separately i'm looking forwards to connecting to this part of the Magento ecosystem that is often so remote from us physically, esp to come to Auckland and see the Magento community there for the first time will be awesome. I'm also looking forwards to getting back to NZ as its my fav place to visit for vacation (along with the islands around Fiji!).

In my spare time I try to make my 9  and 11 year old put down their electronics and laugh, experience and enjoy life.  Thats my only goal right now outside work.

I've been to Aus Live before, was a couple of years back now. Looking forwards to spending a bit longer in Sydney this time, if you want to meetup give me a shout.

If you are in Auckland or Perth please come along to the meetup and say hallo, always good to connect to this wonderful magento community and share thoughts & experiences.

You can find me on twitter under the handle WebShopApps.