cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I generate a report from the custom option date of an ordered product

How can I generate a report from the custom option date of an ordered product

I'm in the midst of developing a new store for a client of ours. In the briefing the client explained that she would like for her customers to be able to choose the day the product shall be delivered. (This part i solved, as the title suggests, with a custom option datepicker)

Now our Client would like to be able to generate a report in the backend that, given a specific date, will generate a list of all products who's custom option date corresponds with said date. The Report should list the product and the amount of that product that are due on that date. I have never developed a backend extension and couldn't find any existing extension that i might adapt. I spent the last couple of days reading into the MVC stucture of magento and was just about able to generate simple one line outputs.

Since I'm very keen to delve deeper into developing for magento but don't know anyone experienced in the field, I thought I'd turn to this awesome community!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How can I generate a report from the custom option date of an ordered product

Hi @freshtony

For your requirements, you need to create a custom extension. And you need to do something like this:

1. Create a Magento event, when order is placed from frontend.
  2. Save the information into this custom extension from the order information, which you want to display.
  3. Create a grid in Magento admin to display this infromation.

Hope this will helpful to you.

Was my answer helpful? You can Click Kudos/Accept As Solution.
200+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Re: How can I generate a report from the custom option date of an ordered product

Hello freshtony, 

This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but our Delivery Date Plus extension shows delivery date on the Orders grid. An additional workaround would be possible if you use our Enhanced Order Filter plugin. What it does is it makes Products and SKU from a particualr order visible on the grid. 

Hope this helps!

Aitoc is a group of distinguished web developers that have been building for Magento since 2009.
See our extensions for Magento 2.