cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it still possible to publish a Magento 1 extension in Feb 2020?

Highlighted

Is it still possible to publish a Magento 1 extension in Feb 2020?

Hi,

I have developed an extension for Magento 1 and I want to publish it on Marketplace. But I am aware that June 1 2020 will be the end of life of Magento 1.

Is it still possible to still publish a brand new extension now? I realise that I have to go through Business, Tech/QA and Marketing Reviews after I submit - will there even be people reviewing new extension submission at this point?

Please help. Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is it still possible to publish a Magento 1 extension in Feb 2020?

@Crypto_comWhy not? We still have 4 months. Go ahead and submit it.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.
Highlighted

Hi @Crypto_com 

Yes you can publish your extension as magento is going to support magento 1 by end of june 2020 for this magento also shared a blog for more detail check Supporting Magento 1 through June 2020 

If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos
Shubham khandelwal 

Highlighted

Magento 1 end of life doesn’t necessarily mean that your store will stop functioning after the prescribed date. However, you won’t receive any direct upgrades from Magento.

Get All Advice - World News & Publishing Platform. Get News Tip, Blogging idea, Guest Post, Article Publishing idea with us. Join the team and Write for Us.
Highlighted

my question is Magento 1 end of life june 2020 ? due to covid-19 this date extend
because due to covid-19 big finical attack and now not move M1 to M2 if you extend more 2 years this M1 expiry date i think is good for all magento 1 users