cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems submitting a new extension

Problems submitting a new extension

Hi,

Why is it such a struggle to get extensions on Market Place. We have developed a new extension and try to get that on Market Place. When in QA review we get notified we have to change something (after almost a month). We did that and resubmitted, another month passed, Latest comment we got is: Something described in documentation is not implemented.

Ok........something????? We adjusted "something" manual and uploaded. To get in QA review again we have to resubmit the extension package to Market Place again. So......same extension goes in technical review again, etc., etc.

We really understand that you want to assure high quality on Market Place but this makes it so hard and frustrating. We also sell this new extension ourselves and it sells very good without issues.

It would be a great improvement if we as a developer could communicate with QA Team. Why not a text area field to add comments when resubmitting. I was at a Magento Meeting few weeks ago and lots of developers struggle with this. There are even developers that don't bother again putting extensions on Market Place. Magento is the biggest and one of the best webshop applications on teh Market but this extension submission system really is "Mickey Mouse".

If someone from Magento can comment on this.......please.

Thanks,

KooTjoo

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Problems submitting a new extension

Hi @Damian Culotta,

Yes we did read all of that, issue is communicating with Magento. I have send several e-mails and get zero response. It kakes months to get an extension on MP, this is not due to us correcting issues but the time between retesting.

Of course for us this is a bit frustrating but it also is not good for Magento we are selling the extensions on our own website with great succes a lot of revenue is missed by Magento because of the inefficient review process.

Thanks,

Marco

Hi @Best4Mage,

If you've followed al those steps maybe @ltraub or @mcyrus can provide you more information.

Hi @Best4Mage

Please email marketplace@magento.com and we can escalate your specific QA questions for you!  

Thanks, 
LT

Hi,

But I did that few times. No repsonse.

Issue is that submitting tickets and solveing things takes ages which is bad for us but also bad for Magento.

It really is a struggle to get this done. And believ me we are not the only developers complaing about this. There are even a few that I know of who do not even bother submitting anymore,

K