cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount percentages for a set of price brackets: possible?

Discount percentages for a set of price brackets: possible?

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a discount coupon for the launch of a diamond wholesale website with the following conditions:

All products under $1,000 will receive 3% off the product price.

All products between $1,000 and $2,500 receive 2% off the product price.
All products $2,500 and above receive 1% off the product price.

That would mean that if a customer put a $500 baguette diamond in their cart, 2 $2,000 round diamonds in their cart, and a $5,000 cushion diamond in their cart, they would receive 3% off the $500 baguette, 2% off each $2,000 round diamond, and 1% off the $5,000 cushion. 

I've tried to create perameters to replicate this, but I'm running into issues putting all three brackets into one code. I would prefer one code because you can only input one coupon code at a time and I want our customers to potentially purchase items from more than one bracket.

Is this possible for us to do in Magento? Will I need to install any enhanced discount code features?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Discount percentages for a set of price brackets: possible?

There is no way in Magento to change the discount amount based on rules unfortunately. The closest thing you can come to is to setup 3 rules. For more creative discounts you can use our Shopping Cart Price Rules extension. Though it can do a lot of things it cannot do what you want to do either.

View our great Magento Extensions