cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping singular products into one listing

SOLVED

Grouping singular products into one listing

We have just introduced suits to our stores and websites. The suits can be purchased as individual items in store so each piece has an individual SKU (the trousers, waistcoat and jacket all have their own SKU) This gives the customer the option to either purchase them as a set or individually.

Now i am new to Magento 2 so i am struggling to figure out how to group the individual codes together into one product listing. I would prefer to have the individual items grouped in one suit listing then listing them individually. I do not have a configurable product for these codes and was unsure on if i had to create one. The idea i have is when you are on the website the listing shows as a 3 piece suit then when you click on the listing to view it there will be a Waistcoat tab with a size drop down menu, trouser tab with a size drop down menu and finally the jacket tab with the size drop down menu and then if possible having a 'not applicable' option in these drop down menus also so if there is a particular item the customer does not want they can choose to ignore it)

Anyone happy to help a novice with any advice it would be much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Grouping singular products into one listing

Hi Zoe,

One way to accomplish this with Magento is to use a Bundled Product. In essence, this will allow you to make a product page where shoppers can choose between available Simple products for a series of selections. 

In your case, you could have an option for Pants, with several Simple products to choose between from a dropdown (such as sizes 30, 32, 34, 36, etc.)

You could have another dropdown for jackets with relevant Simple products (like 36 Short, 36 Regular, 36 Long, 38 Short, etc.)

...and if you wanted, you could have additional dropdowns for vests, etc. If you really wanted, you could offer matching ties, or other accessories too. You don't have to use dropdowns, but can choose between radio buttons, checkboxes, and Multiple Select too.

You choose which products are required, and which are optional (ie. You can determine that a user must select a pair of pants and a jacket, but the other items are optional).

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sorry i didn't explain the above properly. The 'singular' products i want to group together are not actually singular. they are all configurable products that i am basically wanting to group under one grouped product. The waistcoat, trousers and jacket all have size variations to them. 

Hi Zoe,

One way to accomplish this with Magento is to use a Bundled Product. In essence, this will allow you to make a product page where shoppers can choose between available Simple products for a series of selections. 

In your case, you could have an option for Pants, with several Simple products to choose between from a dropdown (such as sizes 30, 32, 34, 36, etc.)

You could have another dropdown for jackets with relevant Simple products (like 36 Short, 36 Regular, 36 Long, 38 Short, etc.)

...and if you wanted, you could have additional dropdowns for vests, etc. If you really wanted, you could offer matching ties, or other accessories too. You don't have to use dropdowns, but can choose between radio buttons, checkboxes, and Multiple Select too.

You choose which products are required, and which are optional (ie. You can determine that a user must select a pair of pants and a jacket, but the other items are optional).

Best of luck!

Hi Zoe,

We have created a great new extension especially for selling Fashion. Please have a look at our new Mix & Match Fashion extension. Let your customers buy complete sets of clothes or other items in just a few clicks. Although this extension was devloped with the online fashion stores in mind it is of course also usable for other products.

Please have a look here https://www.best4mage.com/mix-match-fashion-for-magento-2.html