cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I bulk upload images to FTP folders through command line or another line?

SOLVED

How can I bulk upload images to FTP folders through command line or another line?

Hi Guys.

I need help.

I have 4000 images I had to resize and canvas to get them to be 295x295 for the "small_image".

My problem is this, I was able to download the images because I grabbed the URL from the CSV, now How do I upload those back into the FTP. Obviously Magento seperates the images based on the name of the product and has an alphabetic structure.

Example of how I want to upload from my local pc to ftp

MOVE C:\Desktop\images\al_control_1_pro_splash_5.jpg TO /a/l/al_control_1_pro_splash_5.jpg

MOVE C:\Desktop\images\x-fade_6_01_2.jpg TO /x/-/x-fade_6_01_2.jpg

MOVE C:\Desktop\images\ata-tube-pro-1-groot-wit_02_60.jpg TO /a/t/ata-tube-pro-1-groot-wit_02_60.jpg
MOVE C:\Desktop\images\nimbus-left.jpg TO /n/i/nimbus-left.jpg

Please remember, we are assuming the folder location of the small_images files are in this directory

/public_html/website.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/295x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!:smiley happy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I bulk upload images to FTP folders through command line or another line?

@keithwinlon

For this you need to create the script to get the images name and create a folder according to the name and then upload the image into that particular folder path. You need to use PHP script.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How can I bulk upload images to FTP folders through command line or another line?

@keithwinlon

For this you need to create the script to get the images name and create a folder according to the name and then upload the image into that particular folder path. You need to use PHP script.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now