cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the eBay integration work? Non-technical answer, please : - )

How does the eBay integration work? Non-technical answer, please : - )

I have an existing eBay store (approx 2000 items in stock) and wish to expand my web presence through an ecommerce application.  I've been looking for option that will import my eBay listings and maintain inventory in real time.  For example, if identical inventory is showing in both the eBay store and the ecommerce website, will inventory levels adjust at both locations if an item is purchased through either one?  From the little bit that I've read, Magento CE appears to have the ability to integrate with eBay.  Can somebody please explain how this all works, and is it a difficult/costly process?  Thanks for any info.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How does the eBay integration work? Non-technical answer, please : - )

Hi,

There is extension which integrate Magneto Store with Ebay. It called M2EPro.

Once you will install it you will ahve to set settings to it that it can connect to your ebay listings.

There are two options to sync your existing ebay listings and Ecmmerce store. Since you dont have nay products in your magetno website you can import all products from Ebay and then edit them in Magento.

This  way Magento will become the main source of your product stock level and information. When you will need new products you simply will add them in Magento and then at the Magento admin of Ebay integraion you will have to add them to Ebay listing and pusblish to Ebay.

The extension automatically updates inventory stock levels from Magento to Ebay and back. Also it imports Orders which comes in the ebay to Magento and back when you process the order.

Hope it was helpfl.

Thank you

Thank you both for the great information.  I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.