cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup payment based on customer country for 2 companies?

How to setup payment based on customer country for 2 companies?

Hi

we have 2 companies 1 for Clients USA/Canada and 2nd Company in Thailand for all other countries. We have Multistore setup with 2 websites for Retail and Wholesale.

Question 1: How can we charge clients based on their country with Creditcard and Paypal?

Company USA/Canada: Should be charged with Creditcard from authorize.net and Paypal USA account.
Company Thailand for all other countries: Paypal Thailand account is existing and payment gateway for Asia is not selected yet. 2checkout has to much sneaky fees.

We even thought about charging all via authorize.net and have a different prefix for ordernumber or Invoice to segment the incoming money on the authorize.net account based on the clients country. 

Any ideas how to manage Different order or invoice numbers based on the country? We even cant setup 2 paypal accounts i guess?

Inputs i would really appreciate.
Thanks
Björn

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to setup payment based on customer country for 2 companies?

Hi @Bmacuser,

What about creating two websites with country restrictions?

In that case you should be bale to set different payment methods or the same payment method with different crednetials per website.

Also, you will be able to handle different domains/subdomains per website.

Hi Damian

thanks for your feedback. How should that be working with 2 websites and the same domain? Right now we have already the main domain for retail 123.com and 123.com/ws for wholesale

An idea i have for shure not though about yet...

Greetz

BJörn

Hi @Bmacuser,

In case you aren't familiar with websites, stores and store views I recommend to take alook to this link: https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/stores/websites-stores-views.html

You should be able to use a subdomain for the second website. You can set the URL at website level.

Thanks Damian. After all the challenges i would have do it next with a subdomain... might be easier instead of the directory setup we have used.... A lot to learn while try and error Smiley Happy First we geht the site now live and see next step in detail for payment.

Thanks

Björn