cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to "re-enable" the list editing after generating configurations for config. products?

SOLVED

Is there a way to "re-enable" the list editing after generating configurations for config. products?

Im looking for a way to edit the simple products the same way you do right after generating the products.

Because after you save, to edit the simple products, you have to opt in to each induvidual one and make the changes you want. For example: change name, sku, price, quantity, add single image.

These changes are fast and easy to make right after you generate them.

In our case, some products have as many as 240 variants. Meaning we either have to edit all 240 in one go or save in-between ever so often. The "risk" when doing all 240 in one go, is miss-clicking or some other misstake (refreshing the page/ taking you to a different page etc.) and having to redo the WHOLE thing.

When we save inbetween however, it's way safer, but you have to opt into each induvidual product to edit the name, price, qty, sku and image.

Is there a way to re-enable the "simple edit" after saving the product?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a way to "re-enable" the list editing after generating configurations for con

Yes, I understand your concern.

This is not possible using Default magento. You need to customize for it and it takes much customization to create your functionality otherwise you need to work for regenerate of each product.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is there a way to "re-enable" the list editing after generating configurations for con

YES.

You need to just click on Edit Configurable button above the grid of child product inside Configurable product.

Now you can change any product you want to from config product.

config.png

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Unless there is a option within <Edit configurations> that just enables the writeable fields again, i have to re-generate the entire set of variations.

We know this, it's just 6 steps instead of a single "edit" button.

Is there a module or some code we can use?

I can see that my description of what i want to accomplish was to vauge.

we specifically want to change the values that you can change in list view after generating products. See image below.

unable to edit.png

However, after saving the product for the less risky approach towards not having to redo the entire product.

The text fields wicha are incased in the red box above, can no longer be edited unless i re-generate the ENTIRE set of 240 products. Hence the mention of 6 steps in the previous reply.

The solution i seek, is a simple way to re-enable the option to simply edit these text fields and drag and drop image addition. All that without going through re-generating.

This seemed like a thing anyone with more than 2 configurable options would want to do. However i was unable to find a intuitive solution/ solution at all.

Yes, I understand your concern.

This is not possible using Default magento. You need to customize for it and it takes much customization to create your functionality otherwise you need to work for regenerate of each product.

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial