cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add category link to menu

Add category link to menu

Hi,

I'm running an online store. To help my customers navigate product categories easily, I need to add category links to the menu. But now, I'm get in trouble with adding category links to menu. Is there any solution that is simple, quick and time-saving to this issue. Please help me! Thanks a lot.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Add category link to menu

Hi @Adam_Robinson

okay - i understand , can you please share what exact issue are you facing while adding categories to menu link ?

is there any error showing or have you checked error log for the same ? - Also if possible share the screenshot with us - so its helps us to troubleshoot the issue.

Also if your previous extension seeking issue is solved and then click on kudos and accept as solution so other user gets helped !!

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi mate, 

I understand your concerning. I think those extensions can help you much on that:

Magento 2 MegaMenu Extension

Magento 2 MegaMenu Pro

Outstanding Features:

• Drag & Drop Features
  • 2 styles: vertical and horizontal
  • Mobile Menu: Off Canvas Menu & Accordion Menu, Drilldown Menu
  • Unlimited Menu Possibilities
  • Widget Support or add code to file XML on any position
  • 7 Submenu Types: Anchor Text, Dynamic Category Listing, Product Listing, Product Grid, Child menu., Default Category Listing, Content
  • Dynamic Magento 2 Navigation Menu
  • Multiple Animations Effects Supported
  • Place megamenu on any position
  • [New] Auto Data Backup
  • [New] Use Custom Menu For Mobile
  • Right To Left Language Support
  • Compatible with Magento EE

With those Extensions, you can manage Menu in the blink of an eye

Hope that they will help you

Best Regards

Hi Adam, 

If your store is Magento 2 Store, here is the best solution for you, no code-touching!

You can add category Link to Menu by using Magento 2 Mega Menu Landofcoder. This extension supports to add category link to menu so simple. 

+ Magento 2 Mega Menu Extension

+ Magento 2 Mega Menu Pro Extension

Here is tutorial" How to Add Category Link to Menu in Magento 2" . I hope that you can add category link to menu for your store at ease. 

Best regards, 

Hi @Adam_Robinson,

From your description, you could utilize some layered navigation extension like this one, for example.

The market offers a bunch of them, just take a look and choose the one that suits your needs best.

Hope this helps!

Aitoc is a group of distinguished web developers that have been building for Magento since 2009.
See our extensions for Magento 2.

Magento Mega Menu is developed and optimized to allow both user and admin who don't need to be developers themselves to manage effortlessly all information which they want to show on main navigation of a Magento website such as: categories, products, text contents, images, video, forms...

Download at: https://www.magesolution.com/mega-menu-magento-2.html

megamenu-features.png

If you're using default magento theme - just add your categories at backend, make reindex and they will appear in top menu. 

---

If you need some custom links/content to be put in top navigation you'll need some extension i.e. NavigationPro please, check the docs if it suits your needs.

Did you find it helpful? Please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution".
Meet 70+ extensions and templates for M1 & M2 in one place

The great additions to the mega menu extension that is advised here would be the Magento 2 Dynamic Category extension. 

It is the module that allows to automatically add products to categories based on conditions that, in their turn, are based on product attributes.

That simplifies the product to categories assigning process and allows you to create multiple categories like Sale, New, Most Rated, Brands easily. You can even create categories based on Cart Price Rule products.