cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Create Sub Stores / White Label Magento

Auto Create Sub Stores / White Label Magento

I have a client who is wanting to white label their site for resellers.  I am wondering if there is any plugins that could assist with the creation of the sub sites, or is there a better way to do this.  Ideally I would have them fill in a form with details like domain and store name and then Magento would create a sub site for this and copy the categories over for the store.  I would then also need the ability for product pricing to be updated by the reseller.  There is additional theme customisation and content customisation to consider as well, however I figure if I can find something that gets the ball rolling I can program the rest.  If not, then we will just have to program the lot.

Their site is currently Magento 1.9, however I intend to start with a basic magento install and bring products and categories across as the base for this site.  So solutions for Magento 1 or 2 would be fine.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Auto Create Sub Stores / White Label Magento

Have you looked at some of the "marketplace" options that could help you get something working. For example Unirgy's Marketplace suite: https://unirgy.com/products/umarketplace/magento-multi-vendor-marketplace

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

I have looked at several of these but they do not really do what I need.  We will not be enabling others to add products, essentially all we will be doing is allow them to white label our website.  So for example if you go to their standard website they could add a shop to this selling our products with the site branded in their colours, with their logo so it looks like it belongs.

Hmm, I doubt there's going to be anything that comes closer. The website duplication in Magento isn't that complicated a process though there are a few steps. These are going to be quite easy to automate. 

I don't know how many times your client is looking to whitelabel. It might come to a point where it's not practical to put any more websites into the same installation. At that point, it could be easier to duplicate the implementation and start with a fresh database and only import category and products data. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Are you still looking for the solution or you have one. I had the same requirement and invested lots of time to find the solution.

My developers are going to write the code themselves.  We had hoped to find a plugin to get us through, but had no luck.  Just starting on the project now.

If you can share your requirement may be we can give you a ready solution. You can write to mdewan8@gmail.com

We did lot of research on this and finally succeeded. look at our main store www.makemystore.in and it's whitelabelled sub store at www.demostore.in

Did your devs finish a solution?

Is it something you'd be willing to resell?