cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Customer Attributes extension in Magento 2 to add more field to registration page

SOLVED

Need Customer Attributes extension in Magento 2 to add more field to registration page

Hello,

The default registration form is not enough for my requirement, only some fields like name, and email… It lacks of fields and the worst is that I can’t add more fields to it because I am using the community edition.

I need to get more information and ask question like “Where are you working at?” “Which sport items is your favorite?” Can you please suggest some good extensions to add more custom fields to the registration page like that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need Customer Attributes extension in Magento 2 to add more field to registration page

Customer Attributes for Magento 2 extension is exactly what you need. 

It overrides the limitations of Magento community edition with the function of adding extra field to registration form. Specific questions for customers such as “Where do you work?” or “What is your job?”…provide precious information that Magento 2 default doesn’t allow admin to add more. 

Detailed features: 

• Easily create customer attributes of 8 different types
  • Freely set up displaying additional customer attributes in Registration Form and Customer Account Page (Frontend)
  • Flexibly add customer attributes in Customer Grid, Customer Detail Page and Order Detail (Backend)
  • Show custom customer registration fields for multiple store views

Magento 2 Extensions

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Need Customer Attributes extension in Magento 2 to add more field to registration page

Hello,

This Registration Fields Manager extension for Magento 2 allows to add system fields or create additional custom fields.

You can also read more about how to add custom fields here – https://www.itoris.com/blog/magento-2-extensions/how-to-add-custom-fields-to-the-registration-form-i...

Hope it will be of help!

Our Extensions for Magento 2

Hi @Sophia Walford

You can use Customer Attributes extension to add extra fields to your checkout page.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Customer Attributes for Magento 2 extension is exactly what you need. 

It overrides the limitations of Magento community edition with the function of adding extra field to registration form. Specific questions for customers such as “Where do you work?” or “What is your job?”…provide precious information that Magento 2 default doesn’t allow admin to add more. 

Detailed features: 

• Easily create customer attributes of 8 different types
  • Freely set up displaying additional customer attributes in Registration Form and Customer Account Page (Frontend)
  • Flexibly add customer attributes in Customer Grid, Customer Detail Page and Order Detail (Backend)
  • Show custom customer registration fields for multiple store views

Magento 2 Extensions

See this tutorial, I hope it can help you to complete your task.

How to add a new customer attribute in magento 2

You need custom registration form fields extension by FMEextensions. It is a feature-rich extension that effortlessly adds 13 types of custom fields to the signup form. Other distinguishing features include the following. 

• Position the fields anywhere
  • Add multi-level dependable fields
  • Make the fields optional or mandatory
  • Validate the fields data
  • Restrict the custom fields by store views & customer groups
  • Option to make the fields uneditable once the data is entered

As Magento 2 is more and more friendly to the user, it is simple to create your own attributes for multi-purposes. This blog will help you to create your own programmatically which allows adding more specific properties.

First of all, you should have your own Magento 2 Extension. See how to create your module  

Step 1: Create InstallData.php file
Step 2: Modify data input for each kind of attribute
Step 3: [Optional] Customize layout
Step 4: Enable your module and see the result
You can read this tutorial: How to create Customer Attribute in Magento2

Hello @Sophia Walford,

Here you find the Best Magento2 Customer Attributes Extension which allows you to add the custom registration input fields at several pages on your magento store.

Kindly check it.

Best regards

Madhuresan

Hello!

I'd like to suggest you one more solution - M2 Customer Attributes extension 

• Get customers know what extra details can improve their profiles: add attributes to the relevant storefront forms, sort attributes in the form and accompany them with meaningful labels.
  • Set up the parameters for automatic verification of data with which customers fill-in the forms: check against the type and min/max value of the input, compare it with the default content, manage html tags.
  • Allow alternatives for further choice with dependable attributes for the Drop-down, Yes/No and Multiple Select input types.

Check out 51 M2 extensions with free installation and lifetime updates!

Hi Sophia,

If you want to gather more information, The default Registration form only provides limited customer attributes which can not satisfy the store owners' demand for collecting extra information from customers. 

Customer Attribute Magento 2 Extension from Elsner Store displays additional fields on the registration page. As much information that you need can be gathered by creating customer attributes of various types.