cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PACKAGE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION EXTENSION

PACKAGE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION EXTENSION

Hi everyone;

Please does anyone know of any extension that will allow customers to notify the merchant that they have received their product package or whatever they ordered? So let's say for example; a customer orders a product from my store and after one week the product is delivered to him/her. That extension will enable him/her to let us know that he/she has received the product.

Thanks you all.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: PACKAGE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION EXTENSION

I appreciate it's been a while since you posted this but I haven't seen an extension to do this. Did you find a solution in the end?

If I was to build it myself, I would look to send an email out to them a few days after you expect the package to arrive. (You don't want to email them before the package has arrived because that's likely to annoy and/or confuse the customer so better for the email to come possible quite a few days after). 

In this email sent there could just be a confirmation link. The custom extension could handle this. The confirmation link would probably have a nonce (like the pasword reset confirmation URL) which can be used to confirm it's the real customer confirming receipt). All of this information can be stored in a separate database table with an order ID foreign key reference.

What's the reason behind wanting to get a confirmation?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Re: PACKAGE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION EXTENSION

Well there is no extension till date. See we can either send an email notification asking the receiver to put the confirmation of receipt of the item or we can simply direct her to the site where she can make the confirmation of receiving the item.

Product review extensions are available for making review comments, so we can simply make an extension to get the confirmation there to.

Hope this will help you.

Thank you,