cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to connect an html website to magento, using magento as a mere ecomm engine?

is it possible to connect an html website to magento, using magento as a mere ecomm engine?

one of my customers has an html website and he doesn't want to change it. he needs to sell. i suggested magento (new on here). i was looking for the possibilità to add a single button in the html website with all the needed data to connect to magento. in this way i could use magento as a mere checkout pay and ship solution while all the layout for the shop is on the website done as the customer really wants.

sorry if this is silly but as i said new on here and if i find this ... well .. it is a great job for my customer

thnx in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Re: is it possible to connect an html website to magento, using magento as a mere ecomm engine?

It is possible, you can use magento api to communicate with the html site but it involves a lot of effort and it is silly.

Or instead you can convert his html into a magento theme

Re: is it possible to connect an html website to magento, using magento as a mere ecomm engine?

Hi,

Yes, convert HTML to Magento Theme that will be an best option for you.

Warm Regards

Pulkit Seth

@KuafuSoft wrote:

It is possible, you can use magento api to communicate with the html site but it involves a lot of effort and it is silly.

Or instead you can convert his html into a magento theme

yep ... unluckily we didn't create the website and we have no way to suggest (btw ... an html website now is a non sense in my opinion). i will try to incapsulate using api. looking for examples and documentation

thnx for ur time

Graziano

@Pulkit Seth wrote:

Hi,

Yes, convert HTML to Magento Theme that will be an best option for you.

Warm Regards

Pulkit Seth

thnx ... i replied to other user.. in any case... how can i convert an html to magento theme?

thnx

I am sure you can build an ajax add to cart button for products. Looks like someone on stack overflow is doin this here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19503976/get-price-and-add-to-cart-button-magento

My suggestion would be to build simple add to cart buttons, and include a checkout button at the top of the site that simply links to the magento checkout page. Install magento in a subdirectory of the site named shop or store. 

Magento Developer for hire. Get a US based developer, contact mike at babymonkeystudios.com or call 502-773-6454