cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there anything, less intrusive than a popup but similar such as a banner which appears briefly?

is there anything, less intrusive than a popup but similar such as a banner which appears briefly?

Google ruled in late 2016 that popups for mobile are intrusive and search rankings for websites using them will be affected.

Therefore is there anything that is less intrusive than a popup but similar such as a banner which appears for a short time (may be 10 seconds) at the bottom of a web page before disappearing? I know Addshoppers a marketing onsite platform has produced 'Auto Peak' which does this. Or do anyone has a suggestion for something similar? I don't want to use a popup in case it affects my Google ranking.

https://www.addshoppers.com/blog/auto-peek-animation-brings-life-to-shopper-portal-feature-friday

Thanks

Colin

2 REPLIES 2

Re: is there anything, less intrusive than a popup but similar such as a banner which appears briefl

Hey Colin!

Glad to see you found our post on the Auto Peek helpful!  This feature is part of our new Shopper Portal - our solution to the Google Algorithm changes.  We beta tested the Portal over the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend with few of our awesome and pioneering clients.  Spoiler alert - they crushed it: [Infographic] A Quick Thanksgiving 2016 Weekend Commerce Breakdown

The Portal saw a 10% higher clickthrough rate than traditional popups and captured 8-12% more emails, both leading to substantial revenue generation.  The best part is that ideation to launch on these sites took less than 15 days (we stand by this for every new client), with new campaigns launching usually within 24 hours. 

Have you found anything similar so far in your research, Colin?  I'd be happy to show you how this could work for Vufold - let me know if you'd like to discuss further!

Cheers,

Spencer Biedrzycki

spencer@addshoppers.com

704-277-4885

Re: is there anything, less intrusive than a popup but similar such as a banner which appears briefl

It does not effect Google rankings, in fact, properly used popups helps you grow traffic, sign ups etc.

CHeck here, https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/popup-extension-show-popup-window-on-any-page.html

But avoid popups in these situations,

1. Popups on load

2. Too much popups on same page

3. Can not close popup and access site content

4. Content is hidden behind popups

etc.

Magento Extensions and Services Provider

Best Rated Extensions
Top Notch Support and Service