cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install extension by FTP

install extension by FTP

I am installing an extension under the instructions: "Use FTP client (such as Filezilla, WinSCP, CuteFTP) to upload or copy all the folders in your zip package to your Magento site root folder." . I use Filezilla but I don't understand  host field, username, password, port. Can anybody explain to me what are these fields ? (sorry for my bad english)Nonamel.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Re: install extension by FTP

Hi, filezilla provides some good introduction to FTP and how to use their application: https://www.exavault.com/docs/ftp-clients/filezilla/01-connecting

Host: Enter the address for your FTP server.
Username: Enter the username for your FTP server.
Password: Enter the password for your FTP server.
Port: This is optional, but use 22 for SFTP and 21 for standard FTP.
Click on the QuickConnect button.
----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

If you are hosting magento on a shared hosting. then do the following .

Click on FTP Accounts. 

here you can also create additional FTP Accounts if you wish . however, when you signed up with the hosting company , a FTP account was create for your automatically. 

at the bottom , look for your ftp user name and there should be a link like ( Configure Ftp Account ) . if you click on it , it will show all the info about how to connect and also will give you a download script that will configure all that information for you for your FTP Client . 

Please contact your hosting, they will give you all required info (host, login, pass, port).

Did you find it helpful? Please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution".
Meet 70+ extensions and templates for M1 & M2 in one place