cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install a extension on windows localhost "CONNECT ERROR"

SOLVED

Cannot install a extension on windows localhost "CONNECT ERROR"

Hi,

I have tried lots of thing but still can't get magento extension installed on localhost. I am using windows 7 with magento CE 1.9.1.0 and I get this error.

"CONNECT ERROR: Permission denied to write to var/package/tmp/\E:\wamp\www\magento\var"

I assigned owner to current user over all the folders. I gave full permissions to every user after going in security tab, I shared the folders and gave every permission to all the users. I am still stuck at the same thing and can't find anything useul on internet. 

Any help or pointer is really appreciated.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot install a extension on windows localhost "CONNECT ERROR"

Hello @MitSheth

You can try copy pasting the extension files in the root of Magento folder. Don't forget to delete cache and session folder from var folder. Reload one page and check in the backend then.

Let me know if it works.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @MitSheth

Try installing after creating a folder with name "tmp" into Magento root and assign full permission to this folder. Most probably it will fix the issue.

Hi @theMageComp, Thanks for replying but that doesn't solve the problem. I am trying to build the final user flows for my website which requires me to test a fe things. Can you please help solving this extension installation problem of mine. I m not able to install any extensions. Your help would surely be appreciated! 

Hello @MitSheth

You can try copy pasting the extension files in the root of Magento folder. Don't forget to delete cache and session folder from var folder. Reload one page and check in the backend then.

Let me know if it works.

Hi @theMageComp,

Awesome! Thanks a lot. That surely works and thanks for mentioning the cache delete check.

Thanks,

Mit Sheth