cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import saying import successfull but no products in database or backend.

SOLVED

Import saying import successfull but no products in database or backend.

There are no errors when checking the file in the import tool. I'm trying to upload all of my variations for a configurable  product, I am switching from WooCommerce to Magento so finding this a little hard. Been trying to google it for hours now with no luck, just people recommending me paid addons. 

I have uploaded my CSV here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7h0mecth4gz70y5/MageBussCards.csv?dl=0

I done a few sample products, exported them. Then copied the rest of my bits across from my woocommerce  export. 

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

EDIT: I have uploaded a video to show it here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp7YcW83N3c

It clearly shows no errors, imports fine saying all is imported, i check the product list and database and nothing is there. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Import saying import successfull but no products in database or backend.

Hello,

What is your Configurable Attributes?

For example, when we choose color as a configurable attributes, your simple products must have color value:

I think you should check values of Configurable Attributes in your csv file.

Note: I took a look into your csv file, I saw some special characters in product description fieldThat’s,  We don't sell 'thin'. We should remove or replace them. I sure that if you copy the content short description field to description field. You can import products.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello Guadostar,

1. I saw in your csv file. There are no configurable products? You have already configurable products in Magento? And then, try to import simple products for exist configurable products?

2. Or, you try to import this csv file but no products in database and backend?

The CSV file is simple products for just 1 configurable product. 

I created the configurable product manually as i wasn't sure how to upload it at the same time.

I saw on another forum that you could upload all of the simple products for the configurable product in 1 go, then go into the configurable product and tick all of the products in associated products tab. Which I had hoped to do, except its not showing them at all. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp7YcW83N3c&feature=youtu.be

Video of me uploading the CSV it showing no errors and that upload was successful. Then no products on show in my products tab.

Hello,

What is your Configurable Attributes?

For example, when we choose color as a configurable attributes, your simple products must have color value:

I think you should check values of Configurable Attributes in your csv file.

Note: I took a look into your csv file, I saw some special characters in product description fieldThat’s,  We don't sell 'thin'. We should remove or replace them. I sure that if you copy the content short description field to description field. You can import products.

I am also facing same issue but not getting any solution. I have checked my csv  . This is a link of my csv file 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vHj87H93_LQH7OMsY0bKbUVTKg95-RVuuAI5vZmwL8Q/edit?ts=59131dfa...

Please run this command

php bin/magento indexer:reindex customer_grid

I guess my issue was associated with those special characters in description column. I replaced the description content with short description and it resolved my issue.

I don't know why Magento won't allow special characters in desc. while importing csv.

On a separate note: I later uploaded a sku+description colum csv to update products with actual description content (using append) and it worked fine. So I guess the issue is pertaining to first time import only?

We are still using Magento 1

Ive been loading product for years into the system successfully.

over the last couple of months I have struggled with magento rejecting the CSV files it use to accept. https://gigabitps.s3.amazonaws.com/Magento_ImportFile_052119_1.csv 

This file is a sample of one of hundreds that loaded successfully.  I loaded then in Inport (Dataflow) What happeded, why did it stop working?????