cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Magento direct download link going to be available anytime in future ?

Is Magento direct download link going to be available anytime in future ?

Why is direct download link for Magento version after 1.9.1.1 still not available ?

When is it going to be available ?

Right now for downloading, visitor has to register/login, this is not good at all.

Let me know ASAP.

13 REPLIES 13

Download Magento CE 1.9.2.0 from static URL

When can be downloaded via the following URL?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/downloads/assets/1.9.2.0/magento-1.9.2.0.tar.gz

thx

Re: Download Magento CE 1.9.2.0 from static URL

Magento is working on making the 1.9.2.0 download available via static URL, but no timeframe has been issued yet.

Hey,

are there any new news regarding to the static download link?

With best regards

Kevin

Re: Is Magento direct download link going to be available anytime in future ?

Hi,

As far as I am aware; this is how its always been - It only takes a few seconds to register and by registering you can then be notified of any developments in the Magento community that may be of relavance for you (e.g. security patches).

If you really really don't want to register; then there are many Magento mirrors out there on the web. I just googled it and found the following one which is currently pointing at the latest 1.9.2.1 version.

https://github.com/OpenMage/magento-mirror

Hope this helps.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

with simple bash parameters manipulation you can download all latest packages, i guess

MAGENTO_PACKAGE="Mage_All_Latest-1.9.2.1.tgz Interface_Adminhtml_Default-1.9.2.1.tgz Interface_Frontend_Default-1.9.2.1.tgz  Interface_Install_Default-1.9.2.1.tgz  Mage_Downloader-1.9.2.1.tgz  Mage_Centinel-1.9.2.1.tgz  Interface_Frontend_Base_Default-1.9.2.1.tgz  Phoenix_Moneybookers-1.9.2.1.tgz  Mage_Compiler-1.9.2.1.tgz  Magento_Mobile-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_Cm-1.9.2.1.tgz  Cm_RedisSession-1.9.2.1.tgz  Interface_Frontend_Rwd_Default-1.9.2.1.tgz  Mage_Core_Adminhtml-1.9.2.1.tgz  Mage_Core_Modules-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_Js_Ext-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_LinLibertineFont-2.8.14.2.tgz  Lib_Js_TinyMCE-3.5.11.1.tgz  Lib_Varien-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_Google_Checkout-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_Js_Calendar-1.51.1.2.tgz  Lib_Js_Mage-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_Phpseclib-1.9.2.1.tgz  Mage_Locale_en_US-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_Mage-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_Magento-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_Credis-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_Pelago-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_IDNA2-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_ZF-1.12.10.1.tgz  Lib_Js_Prototype-1.9.2.1.tgz  Lib_ZF_Locale-1.12.10.1.tgz"
------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

Magento is always available for direct download with the URL format like this:-

http://www.magentocommerce.com/downloads/assets/1.X.X.X/magento-1.X.X.X.zip

However, it looks like version 1.9.2.1 is indeed not downloadable with the same way. 

I'll see if anybody from the Magento team knows the reason and can chime in here but in the meantime, you may want to just login and download 1.9.2.1 from the download page

One possible reason I can think of is that Magento may want everyone to register an account before downloading so they will be able to contact everyone by email in the event of any security releases. 

EDIT: I've merged two topics with the same question into one. 

Hi all, James is spot on in that the login makes it possible for us to update those on CE with important news (e.g. patches), but we are still looking at this. I understand the frustration for those who are used to using the direct download link to update/install. Unfortuantely, I don't have an ETA as to when that link will be available right now, but I have relayed your request.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

But I'm doing a download auto the direct link to my host so I don't need to upload it, but the 2.0, no matter how I copy the download link, it's not giving the right direct link....