cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues setting main root as magento vs magento folder

Issues setting main root as magento vs magento folder

We are using version 1.8.1 - the magento was installed using Xampp on a windows machine.  I have been messing around with the apache config, followed down the magento config files including looking at the .htaccess,  I see the magento RewriteBase /magento/  but when I hit the main domain, it still acts like it rewrites to /magento/    - the admin does not.  I need some advice on what I am missing in moving this from    www.ourdomain.com/magento to  www.ourdomain.com/  -  what about the existing category / product links, do I need to be messing in the MySQL db to get this working.

Thanks to all that have answer or suggestions

Chuck

1 REPLY 1

Re: Issues setting main root as magento vs magento folder

You need to go to the MySQL database and look for the "core_config_data" table. 

In the table, look for all traces of "www.ourdomain.com/magento/" and change them all to "www.ourdomain.com/".

Generally there should only be two important ones to change, mainly the Unsecure Base URL and Secure Base URL. 

Once changed, clear your Magento cache and it should work fine (after you move all files to the correct document root).