cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need direct download link, don't want to use downloader.php

Need direct download link, don't want to use downloader.php

Need direct download link, don't want to use downloader.php.

I need Magento 1.9.3.6.

Why do we have to use login credentials and then fill in what company we work for and how much money this company makes. If its just for profits, ok, still which developper is going to know how much the company they work for makes. The collected info therefor is completely useless. Waste of time for both parties.

All this just to download some installer php script. Do you not want people to use magento?

Fix it plz,

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Need direct download link, don't want to use downloader.php

@TRUI

Hi,

Sorry for all the hassle you have. You do not need to enter real information if you want. However, Magento keep that information to them so that they can connect with you in future whenever needed. Magento also come up newer version frequently as well as security updates as and when needed. Magento requires your email address to alert you regarding the same. There are many more other benefits you'll get if you are signed up with Magento.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi @TRUI,

I completely understand and Magento is always open for feedback.

If you look at it in a different way, it doesn't require much time to create an user or fill that form.

It could take 2 or 3 minutes, and you will have the most powerful eCommerce software ready to be installed.

Best regards.

Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

I don't judge functionality of Magento, it has really much nice functions. I even understand for marketing purposes its nice to have an identifier from who installed what and where (which server).

My advice however is to do this during a normal installation process instead of via downloader.php

Don't limit developpers for their possible to contribute towards Magento.

@Gabriel Guarino,

I wanted to check which core files changed and what their change was. Now I had to setup a new server, login, fill in a form, download downloader.php, install magento, transfer the files and then compare them with a previous version. Thats 5 steps breaking efficiency. 6 including posting about it on the forums ;D.

Anyway thanks for responses, I hope you can do something to change this. Github plz!

Pz