cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple product not showing in Configurable Asscicated Products

SOLVED

Simple product not showing in Configurable Asscicated Products

I have created a configurable product, then created a simple product IE: using the quick simple method but even after refresihing the cache and resetting the filter, it never shows the simple products.

Suggestions?

I have tried just about everything including deleting and recreating the simple product multiple times

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Simple product not showing in Configurable Asscicated Products

Usually associated products are set to "Not Visible Indivudually," so they don't clutter up the catalog. If the simple products appear as drop-down options for the configuration product, then it's working correctly.

http://merch.docs.magento.com/ce/user_guide/Magento_Community_Edition_User_Guide.html#catalog/produc...

Does this help, or is something else going on?

Claire

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I was able to finally get the simple products to show, but even though I have everything enabled and set to in stock it never shows up on the website....

Usually associated products are set to "Not Visible Indivudually," so they don't clutter up the catalog. If the simple products appear as drop-down options for the configuration product, then it's working correctly.

http://merch.docs.magento.com/ce/user_guide/Magento_Community_Edition_User_Guide.html#catalog/produc...

Does this help, or is something else going on?

Claire

I don't recall what made the difference, but I have it working finally.  Once I had the first item created, the rest are added without any problems.

Hi guys,

I'm having the same issue like described above.
I've tried to create a configurable product with custom attributes which  were added in a group.

The attributes are selected when creating the configurable product and new single products were created through the quick product add feature in the Associated products tab.

However, when clicking Quick Create... the product seems to be saved as I can see it in Manage Products section but not as attached to that configurable product Smiley Sad

Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi @alxsavu,

Do you still have this problem? If you still running this issue you can write me PM for help. If you found a solution please tell us what was it?

Greetings,

Daniel

Hello Claire, I too am getting the same problem.  I have read the others messages here but there does not seem to be a solution posted about this.  The issue is once an item is configured and after creating the simple products in association using the Quick Create, the Magento User Guide states that the simple products are listed below.  The default No Records Found remain the same.

The other issue is displaying the Configured Product on frontend.  This the next problem after the above.  I have checked and double checked and some!  Is there help out there for this too?

Many thanks.

I have the same issue. When I change the configurable options in the drop down menu, it changes only price. But it doesn't change such as sku, description, additional info of associated simple products. It was worked well before. I think it happens after I upgraded magento into 1.9.2.2 . please help me about this issue.

thanks  

The issue occurs when you create an attribute. In the attribute dropdown section it is important to chose "apply to all products". It is not enough to choose "configurable product".
So edit your attribute and save. Now head over to your configurable and create associated products.
In case you have already created associtated products which only do not show up in the list, click "associtated products" and change the dropdown value from "yes" to "any" and search for your associated simple products. By clicking the checkbox of a product it will be added to the list of associated products permanently. And now your product should be visible in the frontend.
Remember. the conf product has to be visible in catalog and search. Associated products have to be set to "not visible individually". Regards Alex