cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Magento with a go daddy built website?

Using Magento with a go daddy built website?

I am in the process of building a website using go daddy for my father in law's new business. We will be using PayPal for payment methods and was advised by PayPal to use Magento.

So I was wondering if this was possible and how to do it?

Ronnie Alderman

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Using Magento with a go daddy built website?

When you say you building it with Go Daddy, do you mean you are building it then hosting on  Go Daddy or using some sort of site builder they provide?  If a site builder then I can't see how this would work with Magento as Magento itself is a website application that you would theme to look how you want.

Also, not sure if Go Daddy shared hosting would be up to the task of running Magento to be honest.

Richard Cleverley
Magepim Ecommerce Services

Are you familiar with PHP and Zend Framework or are you willing to learn as you go along? 

Magento is a pretty complex application which can do a lot of things but may need to be customized to meet your needs. 

If you are not familiar with these, you may want to hire a web developer to develop the website for you. 

Thanks guys for your help.

It is something I am willing to learn but we are now wondering if this is too complex for us to start with, but something we can change to at a later date. 

We are under time constraints which doesn't allow us to take time over getting this right.

Thanks again.

Ronnie

Hi; Im using godaddy as a hosting. In their panel Ive downloaded Magento App. I then bought a Magento template on template monster and upload through FTP to godaddy. Now, I do not know how or where can I start building my website. 

Through godaddy panel I see a link where I suppose to go and login but when I login with my magento account is not working. I think Im missing something but I do not know what 

Thanks a lot in advance

Laura