cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid SSL certificate

SOLVED

Valid SSL certificate

Hi all,

I´m new here and i already love all the support you get when needed. I want to install Magento CE 1.9.2.2 but before that, i read the requirements. I'm stuck on the section SSL, i've searched the community forum and googled, but didn't find the answer to my question which is:

How do i obtain the SSL valid certificate of Magento CE? self signed certificates are not allowed. Only option i thought of is that the Magento CE file will contain the SSL certificate.

Thank you in advance,

Najim

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Valid SSL certificate

SSL/TLS encryption is a function of the web server and you install the certificate in the software that is your HTTP server (Apache, nginex, litespeed, etc.)

Certificates are purchased from a Certificate authority like Network Solutions, GeoTrust, Comodo, etc.

You purchase the SSL/TLS certificate and have your hosting provider install it on the web server, contact them and they can provide you more information on the process. They may even have a preferred CA that they get bulk discount pricing through as well.

View solution in original post

for educational purposes you can become Certificate Authority (CA)
sign your own ssl certificates for your project only

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

SSL/TLS encryption is a function of the web server and you install the certificate in the software that is your HTTP server (Apache, nginex, litespeed, etc.)

Certificates are purchased from a Certificate authority like Network Solutions, GeoTrust, Comodo, etc.

You purchase the SSL/TLS certificate and have your hosting provider install it on the web server, contact them and they can provide you more information on the process. They may even have a preferred CA that they get bulk discount pricing through as well.

Thank you for answering and suggestions.

I know how certificates work and where to get, but its only  for an educational environment. I want to learn more about Magento CE, how to use it in the future and what i can do with it.

I'll think about it buying a certificate, if you have other suggestions to use it educationally, preferable with a SSL solution, do let me know.

Kind regards,

Najim

for educational purposes you can become Certificate Authority (CA)
sign your own ssl certificates for your project only

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

That would be great, however, i've read that self signed certificates are not allowed and reading your suggestion, that would be mean that it would be allowed when i'm the CA. 
How do i become the CA to sign my own certificates?

I appreciate your effort, i do some research after every suggestions to find out how it works, but no succes so far.

How it works is you create your own CA and then add that certificate to your root CA store.

This certificate then is used to sign the server certificate and in the SSL authentication process, the two get matched and you don't get the self-signed certificate warning

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4024393/difference-between-self-signed-ca-and-self-signed-certifi...

Re: Install SSL certificate

Could someone please tell me how to Install a new SSL certificate from GEO TRUST onto my Magento website??

Hi,I am Rukia,I am a novice and have a problem , I hope to help me, I want to work with Magento, but a message that I can not solve it,the massage is Smiley FrustratedSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate.(Could you explain more clearly)
Thanks

Get over here https://collegepapers.co.uk/ for even more articles on the thematic of edu.