The later versions of Magento are actually quite stable.
To try and fix your login problem try clearing var/session folder. Also ensure that the permissions for your var/ folder are 777 recursive.
Didn't make a bit of difference.
I have been screwing around with this for four days and we still can't get it to work. I'm sorry but I'm so not impressed with Magento....
I had such high hopes for this package.
This is just one of those issues which any open source platform could suffer from.
If you would like i can have a look at it for you, see if i can figure it out. Free of charge.
If you want me to have a look at it send me an email, my email address is on my website.
I think I may have found the issue, it looks like it could be a timezone issue. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow, I'm too tired at this point to screw with it, and screw it up further
Now you mention that yeah - I've seen that cause the same issue before. Its because if your local computer time & the server time mismatch it causes the cookie to instantly invalidate.
As i said in my previous post, one of those little annoying issues that could happen on any open source platform.
I did not notice until last night when I did a date display
[DATE] it gave me March 28, 2015 and a time of 23:09 but the time reflected UTC, which means that the time was way off.
I fixed that by copying the appropriate zoneinfo to /etc/localtime, reset the clock and moved on.....
Completely my fault, and as much as I want to blame Magento, I can't.
Which section are you up too?
Hope this helps.
Hi there -- Sorry to hear that you're having such a frustrating time with this. Although there are other solutions offered in this thread, this one doesn't require a code change.
If you change the URL key of a CMS page, you also need to set up a URL rewrite to reroute any requests for the previous URL. Here's a link that explains how:
Use these settings:
ID Path: privacy-policy
Request Path: privacy-policy-cookie-restriction-mode
Target Path: privacy-policy
Redirect: Permanent (301)
Then, go to Cache Management and update the invalid caches.
This is actually a really good example of a custom rewrite, and I'll make a note to include it in the next user guide update.
I hope this helps!